Leaking gear oil on roadster

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine had started weeping and I can't really afford to send it to the shop right now...
My opinion is you had it in the shop for major work they tore her down and thru the diff on the shelf oil got to soaked and fill a area that it normally does not. maybe a sponge type filter in the breather. Fill her with the require amount of oil Measured not well it is up to the fill hole level. Keep a eye on her and thrash her like she needs to know who is the boss. if you actually have a bevel box problem it won't mater a new one is the fix.

I know this is an old thread, but I have a similar problem as the OP. In the last couple days I have seen fluid leaking from the top of the bevel box. At least I think that's what it's called from the searching on the forum here. The bike is a 2017 with about 4000 miles on it. I am the second owner and put 3000 of those miles on. I have not had any work done to the bike so I know it's not a change in oil or anything like that. What would cause it to start leaking like this, and does it even matter? Also, and I don't know if this is connected or not, in the last couple days the ABS light is also on and does not go out when I start to move. I've driven about 100 miles with both the leak and ABS light. Do I need to have a dealer take a look at this, or is it something simple I can do? Thank you for any input.
157565-474bd6db270ac796711b619070120375.jpg

Back