Leaking coolant

The drain bolt on the water pump changed and has a bigger head on the bolt than the OEM one! Still the same size copper washer though!

I've looked through all the threads on this topic and it seems that everyone has found success but me. I started seeing a small drop of coolant after riding and after sitting overnight. Replaced the gasket not once but twice. Got jiggy with the gasket seal the third time. Still leaking same spot. Discussed the weap hole possibility and decided to replace the whole water pump. I thought I had beaten it but its still leaking. Local triumph dealer is scratching their heads. Meanwhile I'm considering three options: 1. Swap out the entire motor. 2. Sell the bike and get something Japanese. 3. Get something Japanese for daily riding and keep the Rocket as a novelty for limited use. There's also a funky idle. But we'll talk about that another time! ☺☺
20190424_181459.jpg
20190424_181459.jpg

I have had 2 rockets and they both done this after standing. they don leak when the engine is hot and it take a few days standing to show as a drip. It seems as it is a common thing. While its a very minor thing I ignore it.

Mine developed a leak very very small weep from the rear hose. So small to verify it was the actual leak I had to tape a Q-tip ear swab to the hose ran it for a half hour in the tailer so she was hood and hot. Nothing shut it down went and had a break come back and the end of the swab was green. Dang little hole mostlikely from a piece of road gravel nicked it. Time for some Samco hoses. And clamp kit.

Back