For Sale LARGE batch of parts, including wheels, engine, 'Day Long' touring saddle, ++

Jan Aarberg

Standard Bore
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
Selling a LOT of used parts for a 2004 Rocket III - see list. Items priced at > $17,000.- (new from supplier, engine not included!). Hoping to sell everything as a lot, starting as low as $1,500.-.
Parts are located in Cathedral City (Palm Springs), CA.
If I don't get a buyer on the lot, I'll sell the individual parts.
Prefer pickup at current location, but will ship if buyer pays price + shipment in advance.
Questions? Please comment in this thread, or email me at jansigurd.aarberg@gmail.com

Photos of all the parts listed below:

P l e a s e _ n o t e :
The seat and both wheels are sold, which means I will sell the rest of the parts individually, at a low price. If you see something you're interested in, give me an offer :)

Best regards,
Jan Aarberg

Last edited:
Not me! Freight would be huge from Norway to Australia for the engine and I just bought one with lots of other bits a lot closer to home (though still 4000 klm away), safely tucked up in @Granada 's shed.;):D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Otherwise with engine it would be a great buy for someone closer to Norway than me.

If it does not include the engine, the only way he will sell is as individual parts and for that he needs to post prices sought and not just factory new parts price which are meaningless for low demand parts. Example, how many of us would have already binned or given away their plenum and underseat air induction plumbing if already ripped out for K&N pods or a RamAir kit. Also brake calipers etc are dirt cheap used and abundant as other models share them like Daytonas etc.

Good luck but a hard task.

Last edited:
I'm norwegian, and english is not my native language,- so please forgive me if my ad wasn't clear.
  • For the convenience of potential buyers, I've tried to include as much information as I could find (pictures, part description, part #, source, and yes - prices for the items sold as new, from suppliers).
  • The 'new price' listed is for information purposes only - this is of course NOT the price I'm asking.
  • Also as stated, I'm hoping to sell the parts as one batch. IMHO, $1,500.- is a fair price for the lot, considering the parts listed. That also means - I don't have to try and figure a 'prices sought' on each item at this time. Which btw, being new to R3 (bought my first last summer) would be a difficult task.
  • I'm of course also fully aware that some parts may be of less interest (yes, I'm familiar with the air induction mod), but again,- the price I'm asking, takes this into consideration.
  • Also as stated above (I hope this was clear?) - if no one's willing to buy all of the parts, I will sell the individual parts. And once again, for a reasonable price, and of course NOT for the new price listed above.
Thank you.

The key question is do they come with the engine? As said at that price it is a great buy.

Re Location -
Sorry may bad! :(

Cathedral City (Palm Springs), CA.

Nothing wrong with being Norwegian;):D
It is fine, that you are not Norwegian though!;)

The key question is do they come with the engine? As said at that price it is a great buy.

Yes, the engine, as well as everything else on the list, is included in the $1,500.- deal.

There's one thing wrong with being a Norwegian/living in Norway - the climate! ;) That's why I bought the R3 in California last summer; so I can spend a week or two over there riding, even during the long, snowy Norwegian winter. The bike are located at a good friend of mine in Palm Springs, together with all the parts I'm selling now.

Thanks for reading!

Is this a Standard or Touring Rocket III. I know Russell Day-Long Touring Saddle doesn't necessarily mean it's for the touring model. If it's a standard how much are you asking for the seat...?

Is this a Standard or Touring Rocket III. I know Russell Day-Long Touring Saddle doesn't necessarily mean it's for the touring model. If it's a standard how much are you asking for the seat...?
Your right but they didn't make a Rocket touring in 2004 either :) I'm curious as to what seat pan he used since I think it was 06 before the rocket had a one piece classic seat. Or if its even a newer pan and has the riders back rest ? I wish the stiff was in one crate so I coulf have it shiped verses over 3000 miles of driving.

Did you look at the photos. I confess I did not just read the list .Until now,

Photos of all the parts listed below:

Sweet deal for anyone on the lot - crazy tempting!;):D

The Rider's seat is the same as my Russell DayLong, they use the stock seat base and the only label is the foil one with handwritten serial number. I expect the Pillion seat, which I do not have, has a similar sticker. Brilliant seats!!

You can possibly find out what the spring weight fitted is they have a std and HD just like Progressive do. The spring is a flat leaf across the seat that ends within the wing extensions.

I think the HD spring is for riders over 220lb - similar to Progressive Suspension's rates too!;)

Last edited:
Back