Kuryakyn Floor Board installation

RKTNMYPKT

Village Idiot
Ride
2021 HD RoadGlide
I installed the passenger floor boards today on my Roadster.

All in all it was a pretty easy installation, except for a couple small glitches and one scary moment.

The scary moment came when I used a small screwdriver to remove the small D clip that holds the pivot pin in on the peg. Boing!! the thing flies off hits the garage door and lands somewhere on the garage floor :eek:
fortunately I found it after just a few seconds of frantic searching. I used needle nose pliers on the next one....;)

The only difficult part was after installing the foot board I found that it flopped around because it was lacking the cam tensioner that the original peg has, so I took it back off and installed a "D" washer that came in the kit, it took a little time to get this spring loaded washer in place and line up with the holes so I could reinstall the pivot pin.

But I think in the end it turned out real well. :D :D

Materials
Front Splined Adapter Mounts
Item #8808

Premium Floorboards for Driver or Passenger (pr)
Item #4351

Tools
Needle nose pliers, 1/4" allen wrench, tapered pin punch (to line up spring washer with holes) Blue thread locker

Time about 1 hr

D washers

Hey RKTNMYPKT - did those fix the legs rubbing issue you mentioned for your wife on the soft saddlebags?

I was thinking about passenger boards as well, but I want to make sure any investment I make will also work when I get around to sneaking the $$$ for a set of Beetle Bags!

Yes it did, The floor boards come with 5 different mounting holes, so I was able to move them forward by using the last hole, Adriana is able to move her feet around a lot more and the saddlebags are no longer hitting her legs.

Great looking, and a great addition to the bike. I know about those little springs. I had to install boards on my last bike. Not bad once you know how to manipulate them. I noticed your rear fender baffles are chromed. Thought the red striped model had black baffles.

Let me know how it works out, the instructions say to use both of the D washers on both sides, but I could only fit in one on each side.

Great looking, and a great addition to the bike. I know about those little springs. I had to install boards on my last bike. Not bad once you know how to manipulate them. I noticed your rear fender baffles are chromed. Thought the red striped model had black baffles.

Originally they were black, the dealer installed those when they mounted the Passenger backrest.

Great Write up there Jim, it was not that long ago you were saying you felt you didn't contribute much (not that we felt that, you have made us Laugh many a time) ...... well you just blew that statement clean out of the water :D

Back