Same here! What is your dealer saying about this?
I had problems with fob "out of range" or just would not connect even when fob on. lived with it for almost a yr.
had air filter replaced recently, told service mngr about fob. He took back off and said he "did something" to it, should be fine now. IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY every time for almost 2 months.

Last edited:
I had problems with fob "oyt if range" or just would not connect even when fob on. lived with it for almost a yr.
had air filter replaced recently, told service mngr about fob. He took back off and said he "did something" to it, should be fine now. IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY every time for almost 2 months.
I wonder what did he do?

I wonder what did he do?
Replaced the battery. Just make sure it is not a battery that sat on a shelf for the last two years already. I replaced mine's battery recently - I tested the battery first with a multimeter, and now it works like it did when I got the bike - flawless.

Turning it off saves battery and keeps it from being "scanned" which means someone intercepts the RF signal and gets the passkey to your bike and can program it into something of theirs and take your bike.

I ****ing hate my key fob. Fresh battery and it randomly gives me out of range errors with the fob being 5 inches away from the sensor. Arrrgh
Same.

I asked him. That is what he said, did something with the electronics. figured I wouldn't understand I guess.
Unless your mechanic is Elon Musk, he probably didn't do anything except switch the battery. If anything else, like bending a metal tab or tightening something obvious, he should let you know so others can do the same. But there's no way he took a soldering tool and started changing the electronics.

Back