Did either one of you use the battery tender when not in use? I plug mine in after the pipes are cool. I had my 14 Rocket for 6.5 years and replaced the battery right before I sold it. I just don't trust the drain on the battery from sitting there. Too many posts about the new Rocket with battery/fob problems.

When I know bike will sit for few days or more without riding (****ty rainy summer weather for example) I plug it into the tender.

I recently started receiving the low battery warning on and off, changed battery and warning has gone.
The extra key always remains with the fob regardless, just in case.
Knowing that you can start the engine with the key fob switched off (working the same as the extra key), I leave the extra key at home...

Knowing that you can start the engine with the key fob switched off (working the same as the extra key), I leave the extra key at home...
Agreed.
I thought of doing same but too lazy to remove the extra key from key chain :)

Agreed.
I thought of doing same but too lazy to remove the extra key from key chain :)
Does that mean that key fob and extra key are attached together ? If, yes, it will be too dangerous for me, knowing my ability to forget where keys are 😊

My 2020 GT is 13 months old and has never had a problem with the electronic key. The motorcycle at 6000kms and the battery of the key ring has never been changed! Weird ?! some fobs work perfectly and others very badly

I keep mine in my left pockets. For a while keeping it in my back left pocket, which is apparently closer to the sensor and for about a week I got no warnings. Then they started happening regularly again. I tried my left front pocket and for a few days I got no warnings.. then started getting them again.

I notice that if I have my phone with my keyfob, both in the front left pocket.. I never get the warnings. It's like my phone is signal boosting the key fob. It's the weirdest thing.
Mine shows fob out of range at least twice when riding, then it goes away, then it comes back, then it goes away.. NO matter where the fob is on my body.
The FOB is a joke if u ask me.. I'm sure a key switch would have been a cheaper alternative, and it would work ALL the time.. No batteries needed.

Back