I stopped having issues with mine when I started keeping it in my back left pocket. It's literally pressed up against the back of the seat in my pants and now it's 99% error free.

Unless your mechanic is Elon Musk, he probably didn't do anything except switch the battery. If anything else, like bending a metal tab or tightening something obvious, he should let you know so others can do the same. But there's no way he took a soldering tool and started changing the electronics.
my first question was "did you squeeze the battery contacts together".
I agree he should have told me. Did not think battery, since I tried that initially. Possibly one I used sat on shelf and old?
Might call Tuesday and ask .

I had it give the out of range signal a few weeks after I got the bike from the dealer, replaced the battery and had no problems since but I always turn the fob of once I get off the bike. You don't know if they had been turned on at the dealers and not turned off again which is why many people say theirs dies after a few weeks and how long it's in transit from the factory and may be turned on. It's only small battery and having it transmitting continuously will run the battery down much sooner than turning it off.

Dealer told me he just verified that the battery clip was in the right position. Might have moved it a smidgeon.
So not making a proper connection I guess.
Since I last posted, getting the out of range message.😡 BUT connects every time on start up.🤞🙏

I keep mine in my left pockets. For a while keeping it in my back left pocket, which is apparently closer to the sensor and for about a week I got no warnings. Then they started happening regularly again. I tried my left front pocket and for a few days I got no warnings.. then started getting them again.

I notice that if I have my phone with my keyfob, both in the front left pocket.. I never get the warnings. It's like my phone is signal boosting the key fob. It's the weirdest thing.
If you stand on the left side of the bike, turn 1/4 to the right, tap the left foot 3 times it should clear it up.

I wish one could enter a code via the turn signal like in Indians and Harleys. That case one would never worry about fob battery dying and being stranded.
I now carry the extra key just in case the battery croaks.

Unless your mechanic is Elon Musk, he probably didn't do anything except switch the battery. If anything else, like bending a metal tab or tightening something obvious, he should let you know so others can do the same. But there's no way he took a soldering tool and started changing the electronics.
Elon Musk is not a mechanic and I wouldn't let him touch my Rocket he wants to take all my fossil fuel away. I like cold dead dinosaurs powering this machine it seems far more fitting than warm happy sunshine. I do listen to Elon when it comes to my retirement strategy. DogeCoin.

Back