Rocketman100

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket R
Good day fellow Rocketeers,
Just took delivery of rocket R 2020 Plate in Black .
weather here in the UK crap at present so only 2 short ride outs.
First impressions against my old 2006 rocket, R seems less nimble than the old one, whilst lighter it is slower to turn into bends, I could really throw the 2006 old girl around and hunt down plastic fantastic's on the country roads.
I would like to hear from some fellow R owners on their experiences.

Michael_G

Road Therapy...
Ride
"Fiona" my '14 R3T & "Delilah" my '16 V-Rod Muscle
Can't help with the comparison...but it does make me curious as I've always felt the tires played a role as I tried different brands... but you are already on Cobra Chromes (which after experimentation is my go-to tire for all of our bikes... so standing by to learn more.

Oh...and CONGRATS on the New Edition :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Mighty Mouse

Just above average.
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket GT
First impressions against my old 2006 rocket, R seems less nimble than the old one, whilst lighter it is slower to turn into bends, I could really throw the 2006 old girl around and hunt down plastic fantastic's on the country roads.
Just the opposite for me. The 2020 GT is so much more agile and nimble and I hit turns faster on the GT than the 14 Rocket. Slow work is effortless on the GT and on the 14 it was more of a challenge. I don't own an R although most on here echo my opinions about the 'flickability' of the new Rocket. Without a doubt my confidence in hitting the back roads faster and harder is much higher on the GT (with pegs back) than 14. I loved my 14 but it couldn't touch the GT on the twisties. I did love the torque pull on the 14 better and the sitting position also. Maybe a few more rides will tell the tale for you. Cheers.👍

blackrocket

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R
Hi. Only had mine four weeks and like you due to the weather only done about 300 miles. Quite contrary to what you have found I must say how surprised I am as to how nimble the bike is for such a big bike. Perhaps just more miles required to get the feel of the bike.

Rocketman100

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket R
Can't help with the comparison...but it does make me curious as I've always felt the tires played a role as I tried different brands... but you are already on Cobra Chromes (which after experimentation is my go-to tire for all of our bikes... so standing by to learn more.

Oh...and CONGRATS on the New Edition :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG
Thanks,
Blow out 2nd gear on the 2006 Rocket £2500 rebuild so it went to a new owner.

Pauls999

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 R
Welcome from sunny Essex, well it might be in a weeks time but that our weather for ya :) . My 3r has been laid up over the winter whilst it had a makeover so I got to get used to riding it again but i think that once you get used to it you'll be throwing it around even more than the old one.