K&N Triple Option

Vulcan - you will definitely have to mod the claw with the 4040s. They're BIG. If I dont go with the 2780s plus my idea for a modding the claw http://www.r3owners.net/custom-mods/15425-bear-claw-mod.html...then I will prolly do the 4040s (with a more substantial claw mod of course). They really fit the Rocket's engine well and do it justice. Badass look IMO...sort of a full-race "stack" look. Hanso's setup is super sweet!

BTW Hanso...what's the intake sound like at speed. Prolly similar to a 747 at idle. I would imagine it produces a monstrous "sucking" sound. Also, any left leg re-positioning needed? That back filter is really protruding out there.

Vulcan - you will definitely have to mod the claw with the 4040s. They're BIG. If I dont go with the 2780s plus my idea for a modding the claw http://www.r3owners.net/custom-mods/15425-bear-claw-mod.html...then I will prolly do the 4040s (with a more substantial claw mod of course). They really fit the Rocket's engine well and do it justice. Badass look IMO...sort of a full-race "stack" look. Hanso's setup is super sweet!

BTW Hanso...what's the intake sound like at speed. Prolly similar to a 747 at idle. I would imagine it produces a monstrous "sucking" sound. Also, any left leg re-positioning needed? That back filter is really protruding out there.
I think the rear doesn't stick out as much as the 1770's and really did not take much getting used to. It is a nicer induction roar less crickets in fact a heap less crickets at certain revs you start looking for the wings to pop out the side a bystander mate once referred to it sounding like a NASCAR in full song the induction roar coupled with the Stain Tunes

hanso,..thanks for the thread ,it explains a lot
i think the 40s look great on your bike and like the bearclaw mod with the trim..
thanks again

Yep...thanks Hanso. I'll prolly start with the 2780's on a brand new Rocket but if I ever go big on the intake...the 4040s will be the ticket. I still think your setup is one of the best I've seen. It kinda says, "You betta respect mah authoritah"!

You can get the same set of 5 K&Ns from Flip for about $130 though.

K&N and Emgo Filters | Flipmeisters Specialty Products

Yeh thanks BBR I did exactly that, had them a while now.. he's a good man :)

I was just surprised seeing the Big T offering a performance kit when originally they retarded the Ignition thru' 3 gears and the use of secondary throttle controls, plus their past warranty voidance rules.

Also the latest is ECU Tamper lockout if you change the map.. but they offer this :confused:

4040's leaned forward and up closer to the tank with a little help from the plumbing dept. @ Home Depot..2" angled PVC couplings with the top cut off and 2" rubber straight couplings cut in half..

Back