Just got the Rocket Back

T Evans

Supercharged
I just got the Rocket back from the shop after they had it for the last 6 wks installing the UP GRADE kit. While they were there they installed new main bearings and a new drive shaft, all at no charge. I had a new 225/16 Riken Raptor installed and a new Corbin seat. I also had them wrap the Jardine Header to cut down on the heat. They had to reprogram the ecu because of the Corbin seat and to help cut down on the popping on decel.
I just got back from putting about 60 miles on it and over all I am very pleased. However I don't know if I am going to like the car tire or not. I sold my Valk to buy this bike and ran a car tire on the valk just fine. But this remindes me of my Boss Hoss handling with a really wide tire on back. I checked the psr and its around 32 psig. I am about 6'4 330 so I thought this would be about right. I am going to play with the psr a little bit more but if I can't find the right prs, I will probably go back to a bike tire.
Anyway it is sure nice to have the bike back. I am leaving for Bike, Blues and BBQ here in 2 wks and hope that I can get hold of this tire thing by then.

Terry

Terry, whats the tire "feeling" like?
Go up a lb or two at a time till you find your sweet spot for your weight and style of riding.
Admittedly, I didn't like mine either much at first, but after I got it right, and put some miles on it, well,,,I like it fine now.
Maybe it ain't for you, but give it some time and miles before you make your mind up.
I think it might just grow on you.
If not, I've got a practically new metz just sittin here, I'll swap you.

Skip

I may get a chance to drive to OKC a couple of times this week. If I can't get to feeling comfortable with this tire, I may take you up on that Metz if you are serious. We are probably about an hour from each other. Even if we don't do a tire swap, we will need to get together and do a little riding.

Terry

As the song "Fat Bottomed Girls" (Queen/Jazz) , which kind of describes the Rocket, says now "Get on your bikes and ride".

Dennis

81 dtg Dubai
82 dtg Home

...They had to reprogram the ecu because of the Corbin seat and to help cut down on the popping on decel...Terry
:roll:thats funny:roll:I appreciate it,

Honestly, the darkside is not for everyone. Local road conditions might change my mind in a moment. Thankfully there's plenty of fiat dollars flowing into this state to rate Alabama routes much much higher than you can imagine. **** foreigners (yankiees) are en-masse flocking to the Heart of Dixie:(:

I thought it was funny too but when I install the Corbin seat the bike started coughing and back firing up thru the filter under the seat. Dammdest thing I ever seen. Put the factory seat back on and ran just fine. They said that the Corbin not having the snorkel under the seat was allowing more air in and creating a lean situation. Go figure. It runs great now and I like the Corbin a lot.

Terry,
Heck yea,
Ponca ain't but a little ways away.
Less than that on a Rocket.
Of course, early Saturday I've got an appointment at the shop to get my new TPS calibrated. After that I'm ready (past ready) to do some riding.
Scheduled to be at the shop at 0900 for the install.
give me a holler.
skip

Skip

Are you doing Bikes Blues & BBQ next week? We are leaving to go over to Eureka Sprs, AR on Thursday morning and plan on staying till Sunday riding the hills there in Arkansas. Give me a holler if you would like to go or meet up over there that week end. Let me know.

Terry

Back