Would not have bought it if it were a Japanese bike. I would prefer that it had been built by an American controlled company. British is the next best, I guess. The wife and I own two cages and three bikes and the Rocket is the only one not built by an American firm. I really don't understand why people buy Japanese vehicles. But that is just me.

American firm? I bought a brand new 2010 Harley Fatboy and the only Thing that I have found to be American made is the frame. The bike may have a American name but that is about it. Yes the bike has many upgrades which are American made (actually provide American jobs) we made it a point to buy mods and upgrades made in America. It is to bad Harley will not do the same from the start. :(:(:(

Would not have bought it if it were a Japanese bike. I would prefer that it had been built by an American controlled company. British is the next best, I guess. The wife and I own two cages and three bikes and the Rocket is the only one not built by an American firm. I really don't understand why people buy Japanese vehicles. But that is just me.
What do you have against Japanese motorcycles? Just curious because I Been riding Hondas for over 40 years and have never been stranded on the road and don't know anyone in the service dept. of the thirty or so Honda dealers in my area. But I know almost every service dept. employee at all three Triumph dealers in town and a few in Fort Worth and one person in Dallas. Brand New Thunderbird has been on a tow truck twice. "If you see my Honda on a trailer Call 911!).

@Sierra Rocket
You are close to Jim @RKTNMYPKT and should hook up with him for the RAA XI in July!
Here is some nostalgia back at ya:
First is my Dad, second is Poke -

1941_7.jpg 1944_17.jpg 1944_13.jpg
Great pics, shared them with my old riding buddies from high school, we spent LOTS of $$ at Pokes, Dewey's etc. Wish I could attend RAA, my job at present doesn't allow for any more than a few days off at a time, should settle down next year.

I won't have a rice burner, or a Harley, so it worked out perfectly for me.

I owned a bulletproof '08 Bonnie T100 before the Rocket, so I was looking for a bigger Triumph when I ran across the R3R.

Sadly tis mostly because they are superior to American cars. :oops: :(

Back