I think it being British adds to it, but I would have bought it anyway, if it was the same bike that we all share. That being said most other marques would have have their own version that may or may not have been as awesome. I like British humour so I suppose I get their quirkiness in bikes too. Either way I am really happy that they were mad enough to make it.

Wouldn't have made a difference where it was manufactured, it's one of a kind! Having said that, it is really nice that it's British since my first 3 bikes WAY back when were British (2 Bonnevilles and a Trident) and I loved them. ****, am I getting nostalgic?!?

Being British was just a bonus that adds to its uniqueness. I would have bought it if any reputable manufacturer made it.

There's no way on earth I'd have bought a Rocket if it was German and probably not if was Japanese, Italian or American. Hard to say which is more important - nationality or brand - but I always had a soft spot for Jaguars too.

Not sure, was looking for something a little different.
Largest displacement
Most torque
Made in England, fit the bill perfect.
The best part is 3 of my HD buddies won't ride it because they are afraid they will like it. Then they will have 5k worth HD clothing they won't wear anymore.

This is my 28th ride and first British bike. Where it came from doesn't seem to matter to me if I like the bike. What did matter for this purchase in my case was I asked myself if I could only have one bike from now on, what did it need to be able to do? My requirements were simple: 1. It had to be a daily commuter capable of carrying at least a gym bag and a crock pot of chili. 2. It had to be ready to do a long weekend, two-up trip and carry all our stuff. 3. It had to be comfortable on a coast to coast trip if I get a wild hair. I started with 10 bikes on my list and in six weeks of test riding picked the fellow now known as Brahma.

I think I am going to add another bike to the stable, looking at going Russian this time with a 2-wheel drive Ural with side car. That way I can ride on a day like today when we have several inches of snow on the roads... But I won't get rid of Brahma: he is my forever bike.

Last edited:
This is my 28th ride and first British bike. Where it came from doesn't seem to matter to me if I like the bike. What did matter for this purchase in my case was I asked myself if I could only have one bike from now on, what did it need to be able to do? My requirements were simple: 1. It had to be a daily commuter capable of carrying at least a gym bag and a crock pot of chili. 2. It had to be ready to do a long weekend, two-up trip and carry all our stuff. 3. It had to be comfortable on a coast to coast trip if I get a wild hair. I started with 10 bikes on my list and in six weeks of test riding picked the fellow now known as Brahma.

I think I am going to add another bike to the stable, looking at going Russian this time with a 2-whell drive Ural with side car. That way I can ride on a day like today when we have several inches of snow on the roads... But I won't get rid of Brahma: he is my forever bike.

I like Brahma Boog, isn't that the name of a breed of Bull

RJ

I like Brahma Boog, isn't that the name of a breed of Bull

RJ
It is. My first impression of the Rocket many years ago reminded me of the Brahma bull we see in the Rodeo world. As a youngster, I thought I would be a wild bull rider, momma wouldn't allow that after my first calf ride at age 13 and wasn't able to walk away under my own power... So, flash forward a few decades and I am taming that wild bull as my very own...

Since getting my 98 TBS 10 years ago, I've had an irrational brand loyalty to Triumph. I had a Speed Triple for a couple of years, now I have a Tiger 800. I visited the Hinckley factory in 2007. I was only 17 when I emigrated from Britain, but the longer I'm away, the more nostalgic I get :D My car is a MINI (I know, it has German DNA, but it was built in Oxford). So yes, the R3 being a made-in-England Triumph is a big part of the appeal for me. Now I can tease my HD friends at work about their little American bikes :roll::roll:

Back