Jardine Big Boss 3 into 2 exhaust

I assume it's the 3 into 2 full exhaust setup? I also have one on my 05 R3 and I don't know of any. Isn't there a baffle held in with one screw? I'll have to look, if so maybe you can pull it and wrap it in some fiberglass, and welcome to the group.
There is a baffle held in by one rivet on my Jardines, you could drill it out and see if the baffle will come out. I know on mine when I fattened up the bottom end of the tune to stop decel popping the whole system seemed to get quiter. Are you maybe running s little lean?

Welcome from AZ too!

If you remove the small chrome heat shield that covers the intersection between the Jardine header and pipes that should dissipate some heat and quite the exhaust note.

As you won’t need it anymore you can send it my way and I will dispose of it in a safe location!!

PS: There are a lot of jokers on this site and you may get incorrect advise from time to time...

18251D48-C487-4E06-8D43-71DF866BDC01.jpeg

Hey Geoff....welcome from over the ditch.....I fitted Jardines to my '16 Roadster when i had it. I noticed one day there was a little rusty looking dust inside as you look from the rear into the muffler indicating a loose baffle. I took the muffler off and popped the head off the rivet which sits on the side of the muffler nearest the bike. This allowed me to reach in and extract the baffle. Its quite long and covered with exhaust fibreglass. You could rewrap these no trouble i'm sure....then its just a matter of a couple of new stainless rivets to put them back in....of course i had to start the bike with the baffle out just to see how loud it was!!...and yes...it was VERY loud....Too much so for me...and my neighbors im guessing!
The other thing you could do is get an exhaust guy to weld a small resonance deflector inside the baffle when you have them out.....
Cheers Tal.

Back