Jardine Big Boss 3 into 2 exhaust

Geoff0409

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic
HI all,

Geoff here from Perth - I am new to the forum

I ride a 2008 Rocket 3 classic and love it

About 10 years ago I installed a Jardine Big Boss exhaust and loved the note it gave. As I have gotten older I find that I would like to quiet the bike a bit

Can anyone recommend a set of baffles I can use to achieve this

Thanks
Geoff

Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum. I personally have never heard of the Big Boss exhaust but if it's the kind that have baffles that use fiberglass to reduce exhaust noise it might benefit from a replace/repack of the fiberglass. Over time the fiberglass gets matted down and doesn't muffle as much as it did when new. Some one with more experience will be along soon.

WELCOME! to our forum family... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

HI all,

Geoff here from Perth - I am new to the forum

I ride a 2008 Rocket 3 classic and love it

About 10 years ago I installed a Jardine Big Boss exhaust and loved the note it gave. As I have gotten older I find that I would like to quiet the bike a bit

Can anyone recommend a set of baffles I can use to achieve this

Thanks
Geoff
I assume it's the 3 into 2 full exhaust setup? I also have one on my 05 R3 and I don't know of any. Isn't there a baffle held in with one screw? I'll have to look, if so maybe you can pull it and wrap it in some fiberglass, and welcome to the group.

Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum. I personally have never heard of the Big Boss exhaust but if it's the kind that have baffles that use fiberglass to reduce exhaust noise it might benefit from a replace/repack of the fiberglass. Over time the fiberglass gets matted down and doesn't muffle as much as it did when new. Some one with more experience will be along soon.
Thanks mate. The issue is that I purchased the system with the loudest baffles (most open) and would now like to quieten Suppose I am looking for a new quieter baffle. If I can't get this I will try to pack the existing baffles to reduce noise

Thanks
Geoff

I assume it's the 3 into 2 full exhaust setup? I also have one on my 05 R3 and I don't know of any. Isn't there a baffle held in with one screw? I'll have to look, if so maybe you can pull it and wrap it in some fiberglass, and welcome to the group.
Yep thanks mate. Is a baffle installed but I ordered the one with the least noise reduction. WAs looking for a new quieter baffle but if I can't find one will try wrapping the existing

Thanks
Geoff

Back