Jacking up to lube the splines

Hi not the best way to do this job as the sump is not the strongest casting in the world. Better if you can use the lugs as well near the back of the engine the ones with holes in them just at the bottom of the frame buy the starter .
As you need to lift the bike quite high to remove the wheel and if you are removing the swing arm it would be more stable as well.
But you could if you had to . tie down the front as well to make more stable

Recently did this while getting a new rear tire. I used a 2x4 and a tie dowe strap the bike held for 2 weeks because I unfortunately needed new wheel bearings and seals

Hi not the best way to do this job as the sump is not the strongest casting in the world. Better if you can use the lugs as well near the back of the engine the ones with holes in them just at the bottom of the frame buy the starter .
As you need to lift the bike quite high to remove the wheel and if you are removing the swing arm it would be more stable as well.
But you could if you had to . tie down the front as well to make more stable

Just knock up a simple jig to clip onto the two lugs on the bike and use a ATV lift much safer ,if I get a chance I will post a picture of the one I made up in about an hour using a bit of scrap steel that was laying around the shed

Bloody hell i keep forgetting about mine , been 25000 klm since it was last done.........

Bloody hell i keep forgetting about mine , been 25000 klm since it was last done.........
I grease mine or get them greased a each rear tyre change ,with the darkside tyre it may be a bit too a long distance between a clean and re grease ,mine has been still well covered in grease at around 10000Klms ,be interested how yours looks after 25000Klm

Back