Jacking up R3 Question

eem1911

.020 Over
There are 4 hard points on the sump that look as though they are there by design for lifting the R3 with jack, but I did hear that this may cause some damage. Any info on this subject & also on custom made mounts to work in conjunction with a jack for lifting the R3 would be great. Thx

There was an ongoing discussion about this a while back. I thinki someone was making an adapter to go on a lift to take up the bike using the two holes in the frame that look like a place for a center stand to mount. I think it was flcklmiester or something like that. I don't kow how ot look up the spelling while wirting this.

Have one and it works great. It uses two lugs that were likely used by the factory during assembly. After attaching it, you use a breaker bar to roll the stand back and it lifts the rear. If you wedge a board under the sump the front will lift too. It is surprisingly steady once it is up.

Flip was also working on some feet to attach for use with a motorcycle jack.

Have one and it works great. It uses two lugs that were likely used by the factory during assembly. After attaching it, you use a breaker bar to roll the stand back and it lifts the rear. If you wedge a board under the sump the front will lift too. It is surprisingly steady once it is up.
Flip was also working on some feet to attach for use with a motorcycle jack.

So in other words it sits kinda flat under the bike when you put it on and then you pivot it to lift the bike... Very cool. Hard to believe a 1/2" drive would lift the beast.
May have to spring for one of those.
The web site shows two models, one for late 2007 and newer and one for the rest. Mine is an '07 but not sure if late or early, how do I tell?

Cheers

Jthree

Look at the manufacture date on the neck of the frame and include it when you order. Flip will get it sorted. I have a 24" breaker bar. You can lift it with that, but it is much easier when I slip a 36" length of pipe over the bar. Plus you can remain more up right and feel better about stabilizing the bike.

I bought one of those ages ago and it works great, fits where the centre stand would go. I put a 1x1 inch piece of wood just tucked in behind the back wheel, standing on the left side of bike..right foot on stand..hands on handle bars..push down right foot and pull back on bars. The back wheel rolls over the piece of wood lifting it enough to 'lighten' the bike making it easier to roll onto stand, you just then kick the wood out of the way so the weight is completely on the stand.

Do you have to have special tools or can you lift up the bike with a standard moto lift? My neighbor is trying to help me remove the wheels for new tires and powdercoating. If you can use a standard lift, where are the appropriate contact points?

So in other words it sits kinda flat under the bike when you put it on and then you pivot it to lift the bike... Very cool. Hard to believe a 1/2" drive would lift the beast.
May have to spring for one of those.
The web site shows two models, one for late 2007 and newer and one for the rest. Mine is an '07 but not sure if late or early, how do I tell?

Cheers

Jthree
Measure the diameter of the holes. The newer ones are smaller.

Back