Macrider

I,m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride.
Ride
2010 Triumph R3T Black "Darksider" imitation 70cc motorized "Harley Davidson" bicycle
As most of you know I have a tendency to speak my mind.
And I get **** for it sometimes. Thats ok.
However I am starting to get pissed off now at some of the members of the bike club I am in.
They are all raving about their new Harleys that they have bought over the past couple months and bragging about how Harleys are # 1 and have lots of power.
All the other Harley riders in my group are going YA,YA YA #1 for Harleys.
My bike is the only Triumph.
It is sickening, is it just me or is this normal?
I have not said anything to any of the Harley guys because I know I will get **** for it.

I want to reply with something like this...

Q..What is in common with Harleys and hemmorhoids?
A...Sooner or later every ******* gets one.:p

I used to wear a cheap pair of HD riding boots because the Triumph would always get looks from the Harley guys, and next would be the " you can't wear Harley boots and ride a Triumph!", to which I would always reply that they were probably right since my wife won't let me wear them in the house anyways. When they asked why ( and they always did) I would say because she says "they track oil all over the house!" :D

Odd. I get nothing but love from Harley folk. Whether it's my Bonnie or R3T, I always get compliments from them and I'll return it in kind.

Even if they didn't, I wouldn't care less. I know there are very few Triumphs out and about compared with Harleys which are obscenely abundant.

Harley

I do get respect from Harley riders, they do admire my bike.
I never said they did'nt.
What I don,t like is the constant bragging, and the superiority complex about Harleys.
It's like they are in a cult and have been totally brainwashed.
Anyways I will stop now. just needed to put my thoughts out there.

Challenge them all to a roll on from say... oh well, any speed will work. V-Rod, whatever.. Screamin' Eagle V-Rod might be fun.. lol I have a friend with a Nighttrain with an exhaust and power commander. Well, I have an exhaust and a power commander as well. We were riding to Sturgis with another friend and he wanted to challenge me. My other buddy told him it wasn't a good idea..lol So I let him take off and just sat beside him as he pushed his bike hard.. then we hit about 100, and I looked at him and waved. I got to our next stop, went in the store, bought me a drink and came outside to sit on the bike.. and that's about the time they rolled up.. :)

I got some great advice from a HD guy the other day...A buddy and I had stopped into a local biker bar to cut the road dust from our throats and were discussing my recent acquisition of an Ultra Classic Liimited. Being the helpful soul that he obviously was he said if I put a few grand in my Ultra Classic I could get it all the way up to 100 HP :D:D:D:D:D I almost fell off my bar stool laughing, then I asked if he saw me pull in. When he said no I told him I was riding the Triumph and it was the only bike in the parking lot over 100 HP. He responded with a blustery dissertation on the virtues of HD and thankfully went back to his own deluded corner of the bar. I like my Harley, but I love my Rocket!!

My thoughts exactly Peter. And the missus likes the passenger touring seat a LOT better than sitting on the fender of the Rocket

Back