It’s a sad realization Sale of R3R

No doubt, you will get more for it if you leave it stock. Seems that the guys here who have had 50,000 trouble free miles are always the ones to did not dikk their bikes up. I am not sure these transmissions can handle all that extra power.

No doubt, you will get more for it if you leave it stock. Seems that the guys here who have had 50,000 trouble free miles are always the ones to did not dikk their bikes up. I am not sure these transmissions can handle all that extra power.

I’m going to respectfully disagree! If the bike was assembled correctly and you know how to ride, they are good to go!

I’m going to respectfully disagree! If the bike was assembled correctly and you know how to ride, they are good to go!
These transmission issues always seem to manifest themselves in bikes that have had the performance enhancements that take HP past the point the trans was designed to handle. I have seen it in diesel trucks also. Guys put on bigger turbos, bigger injectors booting HP by 200 more and then their trans just burns up.

I searched for two years trying to find a nice R3T at a good price and came across a few that were really screwed up. Now I am all for making the machine yours and doing enhancement mods, it is just that if you do it, chances are your resale value will decline. History proves it. It's insane than an exhaust system for these bikes costs $800. You'll never get it back and the "enhancement" is not worth it.

I would like to derestrict mine but I am going to keep things simple. These bikes remind me of my F250 diesel truck, super powerful and a lot more potential in the motor but the trans is the weak link. Guys looking to buy will value a bone stock bike over one that has been dikked up.

I would recommend selling accessories on this board, and listing on cycletrader for 7-8.5, depending on how fast you want to sell it. Now is the time to list though.
Clean it up and take a lot of pictures. Be ready to work with a shipper for a buyer on the other coast.
Good luck with your sale.

Back