Is this the right OBD cable?

I would try again and make sure you have followed the install instructions, from memory you need to install twice, for the cable and the com port

How long is a piece of string?.. in the meantime you could persist with the one you have at hand... others have reported the same with the Lonelec cable,.
Have you tried uninstalling the the driver that you have already installed?.. it's all in the install instructions.

I uninstalled the drivers and attempted to follow the Windows 10 Installation here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Do...Drivers Installation Guide for Windows 10.pdf

However, Step 2 "Installing FTDI Device Drivers" doesn't seem to work. The download link ultimately leads to the exact same page as the link in the instructions for step 3 "Installing CDM Drivers". SO I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to be installing for Step 2. I feel like the page is outdated and thus causing issues.

Well, either my device is bad or the wrong one. I finally realized the FTDI drivers weren't installing becuase the PIV/VID numbers on the device dont' match the INF files from FTDI. Thanks for trying to help but this cable just isn't going to work.

Ordering the LonElec cable is the right answer.

As I said, in my case, the only challenge I had was discovering of the three USB ports on my chosen legacy laptop, only one would work. Fortunate, I could use TuneECU for finding that, as only when the port was "live" did the software report the cable being present.

I also seem to recall I had to go into the TuneECU settings and play with the COM port choice.

Once I had that combination correct for my setup, it connected to the bike just fine.

You'll see, because the cable needs power, a blue light will come on when connected to the bike via the OBD connector. It's a good idea to have a trickle charge connected to the bike while you are working with TuneECU maps.

By comparison, when I ran the Android version, it just worked first time out.

Back