Is these a custom r3 rim maker

Terminater

.060 Over
I have been thinking of ways to make my r3 more tour/road trip friendly. Tires alway come to being a issue with our off rim sizes, and choices.
Is there a company that custom makes rims for R3 that could get me into a 240/18 rim. Harley builders use 18 inch rim, there are many choices in tires, most tom, dick, and harry have atleast 1 240/18 in case you catch a trash item causing a flat.
Anyone ever had a flat, and searched for a tire?
I also plan to change front as well.

Those blackstones come in 18? Or is it just 17? I see the price is a little high if there is no great custom benefit like getting me into a 5 brand rim size.

Both CF rims Blackstone makes are 18 inch rims. No one makes a 17 inch and I have not got around to modifying one yet. (Need to find a extra spare rim to try first. Although there is a larger variety in 18 inch 240 tires.

If you go to the Bridgestone 240/55-16, Suzuki uses this on the M109, so in theory, there should be more Suzuki dealers around the country than Triumph dealers... I've been using this tire for the last 6K miles or so, and I really like it.

Would there be a problem with non spec tires handling the torque of a Rocket?

Not sur ewhat you mean by non spec tires. But I too have been testing the Bridgestone 240/55/16 and so far I must say I love the grip and the wear so far is less then the other manufacturers. I only have a 1000 miles on it but it sur eis staying round verses the meztler and avon.

As for the 18 inch sizes I have used were right in there for the rocket. So far I have ran a 240/40/18 Conti race attack which is a soft compound so the grip was the best but would be lucky to get 30000 miles out of one. 4300 on the shinko 240/40/18. I am not sure what one I am going to try next most likely a Perrelli. If I can aquire another rim to play with I would like to try the 245 Perrelli they use on the Diavel.

Back