Indicator issue

Aaah

.020 Over
Ride
R3
Hello All

I have had this issue since new (18 months). 2021 R3. See pic.

Some times and with out any known sequence to bring it on, when I operate the indicator switch left or right, one of the indicators (led type) will no operate and the corresponding side will flash very fast (just like the blown globe days.)
It could be the front left or right or the rear left or right...no pattern that I can work out.
Then it will come good (when it wants to) and be ok for days.
There are no fault codes stored or found by the dealer..
- Triumph has reloaded the software
-Checked all indicator connections back to the main loom
- Replaced the left hand switch block.

Any ideas and or other had the same and had it fixed??

Thanks

Alan

Attachments

• IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0953.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 21
Mine did that when there was corrosion between the battery connections. Take all of the connections apart, brush off corrosion, apply di-electric grease and tightly reassemble. Retighten again to be sure, this is a known issue. Lots of vibration on these bikes. Tighten again...

Mine did that when there was corrosion between the battery connections. Take all of the connections apart, brush off corrosion, apply di-electric grease and tightly reassemble. Retighten again to be sure, this is a known issue. Lots of vibration on these bikes. Tighten again...
Thanks, will give it a try in the morning and check....

Thanks, will give it a try in the morning and check....
Update.
I checked the battery terminals and made sure that there was very good connection on both, but the issue still continued.
Went back to Triumph and they have just downloaded the new software, they say it will fix the fault. Been on two short rides and no issues so far....so fingers crossed. Be good to ride the bike and not have to worry about if the indicators are working correctly....

My grip heat lights started flickering, then today the display showed what you experienced, then the display had black boxes appearing on and off, then it went blank and the bike died. I thought for sure I had a TFT failure as would loose the bike for 6 weeks waiting on parts during riding season. Started back up got her home. I checked the obvious and the battery negative was loose. When I purchased the bike I went through it after getting home. Many fasteners were loose, suspension was set waaaaay off. Neither the factory or the dealer preps these bikes well. I must have missed checking the battery connections. All seems well now. The TFT sure seems sensitive to amperage fluctuations.

Have not had a problem with my indicators since Triumph installed the newest soft ware a month ago. Took just on two years to get it fixed.

Still don't trust them 100% but as time and rides go by, starting to.

Back