I parked the rocket next to an unrestored '31 Scout on the weekend, stick shift, springer front and rigid rear - coolest bike I've ever seen and sounded awesome! Still had the original exhaust. The owner inherited it from his Pa who bought it new. I did note that apparently this model is cooled by keeping ALL of the engine oil on the outside - owner said that in 80+ years there wasn't a single day when it hadn't leaked.

Parked on the other side was an early 70's Ducati 860 (I think it was a GT??) in pretty good condition. In the hour I was having lunch I watched almost everyone - young, old and inbetween stop and look at all 3 bikes, but it was definitely the Scout that got the bulk of the attention!

Unless she is sporting a main and two auxiliaries. ;) :D

0719-total-rekall-article-boob-girl-3.jpg

bob

That's the new Triumph Triple made at the Thailand factory.
MotorCycleNews said it's a real handful :D

Indian - really wanted to like it but it is not my cup of earl grey. I am sure the brakes and the engines are better than HD but for me the styling is way off mark for my tastes. Victory's are not to my tastes either. In honesty HD have the looks but not the performance (brakes, chasis and engine) and Triumph's have the best of both worlds. Japs are poor copies of HD's with better engines.

They won't tempt me whilst the three best bikes (for me) are all Triumph (Rocket, Storm & Speedmaster).

However, good luck to them and hope the Indian brand goes from strength to strength.

****it man, can't you see we are trying very hard to get a thread drift going here, and you just bring it right back to where it belongs. How are we supposed to drift if people keep doing that!?!?!?! :eek: ;) :D :D

bob

I like tacos.

Just got the latest Cycle World rag. Here is a comparison between the Indian Chieftan and a Harley Street Glide. The performance numbers are what a lot here expected. I would have thought it would have at least been faster than a Harley :roll::roll::roll:

Indian specs..jpg

Just got the latest Cycle World rag. Here is a comparison between the Indian Chieftan and a Harley Street Glide. The performance numbers are what a lot here expected. I would have thought it would have at least been faster than a Harley :roll::roll::roll:

Indian specs..jpg
Notice the roll-on acceleration from 40-60 and 60-80 will leave the hardley for dead.
That's where one would hunt, so to speak ;-)

Going to Amsterdam and spending my life's savings on strippers and Cocaine is on my bucket list..... :D

forget about the strippers with the value of real estate in downtown amsterdam all stripper clubs and hooker's sin bins are on the way out. I know I checked recently

Back