2020 Indian Roadmaster Darkhorse.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Been looking for a new bike for well over two years now. Believe this is it. Fit form and function. 1589738154788-productstill.png Finding info on bike seems to hard. Most folks who own them do not play on the net. They seem to spend most of there time riding. With this one believe i can go back to riding even in the middle of winter. The more i read the better it looks. Not overdone and by no means lacking in comfort. Sleek and very rider friendly. Engine has a lot of aftermarket support which is a good thing. Electronics are not second hand Thailand specials. Tires are standard size so finding quality tires that match is not a issue. Transmission is strong. Horse power is not of that of even a slightly built Rocket. Give and take it is still one well built bike. One made for the road. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Been looking for a new bike for well over two years now. Believe this is it. Fit form and function. 1589738154788-productstill.png Finding info on bike seems to hard. Most folks who own them do not play on the net. They seem to spend most of there time riding. With this one believe i can go back to riding even in the middle of winter. The more i read the better it looks. Not overdone and by no means lacking in comfort. Sleek and very rider friendly. Engine has a lot of aftermarket support which is a good thing. Electronics are not second hand Thailand specials. Tires are standard size so finding quality tires that match is not a issue. Transmission is strong. Horse power is not of that of even a slightly built Rocket. Give and take it is still one well built bike. One made for the road. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I'm very happy with my Indian. Grandson Leo on my '19 EM
IMG_20200622_111725288_HDR.jpg

I love my Indian, by far the most comfortable and best performing motorcycle I’ve ever owned. Obviously it does not have the horsepower or the torque of the rocket and the price tag is a little bit up there as well. But all in all a great bike

i've been looking at the indian as well; but will keep my rocket for sport riding. The Base challenger goes for 22k and still outperforms the HD CVO... but of course you don't get the 'brotherhood' lol

i hear about all the cool extra's that indian throws in; such as the 100 watt vs 50 watt sound system, kickstand led light, led std, powered windscreen, 4' travel rear shock (fox racing), better engine, smoother rev range- delivery etc., cheaper, some would prob. argue no sumping issues so more reliable

i think the new goldwings are impressive but when you add the tour pak looking at a cool 30k

I love my Indian, by far the most comfortable and best performing motorcycle I’ve ever owned. Obviously it does not have the horsepower or the torque of the rocket and the price tag is a little bit up there as well. But all in all a great bike
First time we agree on something. Bike is made to rack up some mileage. Not even interested in the challenger. Not worth the money. The 111 engine has a strong history for reliability. the 116 the same. Touring model offers a lot but not over done. At a price tag of over $29,000 it should and they did a really nice job of it. Basically the company listen and came through. The challenger is a bike to bring in newcomers and such. Really have done a lot of homework on this.

I’ll add a few pros and cons if you’re interested
Pros. all day comfort, styling, dependable,
I get about 15 K per set of tires. Handles very well, It’s actually heavier than the rocket but much more maneuverable at slow speeds, Like I said earlier it does not have the torque or the horsepower of the rocket but it is fast enough for me and gets me where I want to go and I can ride 100+ on it all day long without a hitch, Of course all of the touring amenities are fantastic, the heated grips the heated seat the ride command, the GPS the sound system all perform very well

cons: Service intervals are every 5K and since I ride a lot they come more often than I like
The bike has to be straight up and down to even check the oil, When I changed the oil on my bike I had to have a kickstand on a 2 x 4 and my son holding the bike straight as I did the work on it, I considered buying a lift if you do go that route they make special attachments for the Indian for picking it up,
The dealer network can be pretty iffy as well, the one dealer that was close to me Arlen Ness has stopped selling Indian, and now there is a recall for the gear position indicator so the next closest dealer for me to get it repaired is about three hours away.
Top speed for my bike with the stage one kit is about 110 mph give or take, a
couple weekends ago my buddy and I had our bikes opened up on the interstate I was doing about 110 to 112 and I was having a tough time keeping up with him on his Harley, Which is the 107 in.³ but it is about 300 pounds lighter than my bike and he does have the two in one aftermarket exhaust on his bike as well, I have the 111.
Sometimes the faring or the windshield vibrate avlittle it can be annoying, but I hardly notice it anymore.

i’ve heard a lot of people complain about the heat the heat does not bother me at all I don’t even give it a second thought but it does seem to bother some people.
That’s all I got for now

First time we agree on something. Bike is made to rack up some mileage. Not even interested in the challenger. Not worth the money. The 111 engine has a strong history for reliability. the 116 the same. Touring model offers a lot but not over done. At a price tag of over $29,000 it should and they did a really nice job of it. Basically the company listen and came through. The challenger is a bike to bring in newcomers and such. Really have done a lot of homework on this.

I'm curious as to why you consider the Challenger only for newcomers? It's faster than the Chieftain and has more ground clearance. Also doesn't cook your right leg on the rear cylinder. As soon as they put a tourpack on it, I'm gonna get real serious about it. I'm genuinely interested in why you prefer it less than the older 111 or 116?

I'm curious as to why you consider the Challenger only for newcomers? It's faster than the Chieftain and has more ground clearance. Also doesn't cook your right leg on the rear cylinder. As soon as they put a tourpack on it, I'm gonna get real serious about it. I'm genuinely interested in why you prefer it less than the older 111 or 116?

if You want a Challenger cheap
Talk to @mexican He bought his brand new rode it home parked it and there at sits :whitstling:

Back