improving performance?

garygene351

.020 Over
I have a 2019 Rocket and am looking to improve on underseat K&N air filter Jardine pipes stock ECM tuned for freeflow no cat exhaust that pops through intake. Have been reading threads and ready for aftermarket engine management triple K&N air filters. Not very computer savvy. Price not an issue. I want the bike to be like the one in this video.

I have a 2019 Rocket and am looking to improve on underseat K&N air filter Jardine pipes stock ECM tuned for freeflow no cat exhaust that pops through intake. Have been reading threads and ready for aftermarket engine management triple K&N air filters. Not very computer savvy. Price not an issue. I want the bike to be like the one in this video.
Have they sorted out all the bugs in the 2019 model :D

WOW a 2019 rocket. Did you use a DeLorean to go and get the beast. Please post some pic's.:D

On a serious note. The one on the video is stock. That video was made when someone was testing the roadster, I saw the whole video somewhere. It's the rider that can do that, not just the bike.

time travel,2019 roadster

Did not us a Delorean,used the rocket !:D been reading threads , and want to know best coarse of action,for my2010 roadster.with Jardine exh. want to uleash the beast! understand 3 K&Ns relocation of sensors, crank breather.but what is best power commander,(price not an issue), that ,allow both air/fuel, & timing adjustment, wont mind use of high test gas. Any plug and play units? or do they all require cable/laptop if so is that hard to do?After reading threads, am confused:confused: secondaries,O2 sensor removed or not? Thanks all for the welcome, and for great info on fender trim. Cant wait , time travel has made me hungry for some Harley and rice! Thanks Gary

Gary,

starting off, in conjunction WITH the 5 K&N's,
get yourself a GiPro. Set it on mod 3 and hang on.
easy as that.
you might want a decent horn too.
As far as fuel trim is concerned, I went with a Dobeck myself.
Easy as pie, hook it up to the throttle bodies and ride...
Then the bike will do what the one in the video did, any time you want to.
You might also want to get a side mount tag kit, or at least raise it up some.
That's the problem I kept having, hence the fender mod..

Dang that's an old picture,
but it gets the point across I guess..

Hi gary, you really don't want one like the vid. Its cold and damp here, thats not rubber smoke its the steam off the melting ice. :D I'm sure you will get plenty of help on here its a mine of information.

If you're running Jardines.. with the appropriate TuneECU, TuneBoy, or PC-III fuel map loaded, your bike is already stouter than the one in that video. Triumph's TOR tune is not rich enough for Jardines. At best that bike's running TORs with Triumph's TOR tune and that's it. The Rocket is already that strong stock.

When my Rocket is alive.. (unknown electrical issue at the moment).. I can downshift and slide the rear tire sideways at 70 MPH.. (I haven't done this but a couple of times though.. tires are pricey. The only reason I haven't ridden a wheelie is because I don't have the balls to ride an 800+ lb bike in a wheelie.. lol Kevin Carmichael makes it look easy, but I ain't doin' it.. My last dyno tune had me at 142 HP/ and 140 lbs/ft at the rear wheel. I run Jardines, a drop-in K&N, and a DynoJet PCIII.

You've already got one,it's the rider that's supercharged. But I know what you mean, cool video.

Back