69birdflu

Supercharged
Well, it finally happened. After reading the horror stories it was my turn. Leaving work and heading home Thursday with a friend riding a Harley. :(

I peeled off for home, a few miles down the road, BANG NO CLUTCH. :eek: I rode about another 10 miles, timing lights and intersections to find a safe place to shut down.

It felt as if the cable broke, but after inspection, I found the pin at the end of the cable into the case spun freely and could be pulled out.
Lucky no Harley buddies around for the jokes. :eek:

Roadside picked it up and it's at the dealer. I'm still under the warranty umbrella and hope they honor it.

I'm dumb enough to do maintenace and tinker but when it comes to opening the transmission......smart enough to leave it alone.
Wish I lived next to WARP or HANSO :(

Well, it finally happened. After reading the horror stories it was my turn. Leaving work and heading home Thursday with a friend riding a Harley. :(

I peeled off for home, a few miles down the road, BANG NO CLUTCH. :eek: I rode about another 10 miles, timing lights and intersections to find a safe place to shut down.

It felt as if the cable broke, but after inspection, I found the pin at the end of the cable into the case spun freely and could be pulled out.

Roadside picked it up and it's at the dealer. I'm still under the warranty umbrella and hope they honor it.

I'm dumb enough to do maintenace and tinker but when it comes to opening the transmission......smart enough to leave it alone.
Good thing it happened under warranty, did you tell them to hurry up and fix it because you wanna go riding!?:)

Haven't yet Mexican, and Leesberg bikefest is next week. Want to play nice with Triumph so it gets fixed under warranty.
You know if I lived next to you I could borrow one of many in your garage! :D

If you able to pull the lifter shaft completly out of the clutch cover it is either broke which you can tell by lookingat it or if it is fully in tack then the lifter piece snapped.

Fairly easy fix 3 to 4 hours if you have never done it before. you can shorten the time by covering the fender with a towel to protect it. otherwise the manual has you pull the front wheel brake calipers and fender so the fender will not be damaged.

I'm back in the saddle again

Well, I picked up my Rocket from the Orlando Dealership today. And I must say it went very well. They showed me the rod that broke and said it was not the norm.

Anyway, I paid for the reprogram for the TORS exhaust, a tail lamp bulb and overnight freight charge. Total cost out the door $70.00

I stuffed a $20.00 in the Service Manager's pocket and a $20.00 in the Technicians pocket. Just to remember me. ;)

And since Warp won't move to Florida, I'm looking into an extended warranty. :eek:

And that reprogram is like using a cattle prod on a bull's a$$.:eek: WOW

Time for Sleesburg/Leesburg bikefest. Any takers?

Well, I picked up my Rocket from the Orlando Dealership today. And I must say it went very well. They showed me the rod that broke and said it was not the norm.

Anyway, I paid for the reprogram for the TORS exhaust, a tail lamp bulb and overnight freight charge. Total cost out the door $70.00

I stuffed a $20.00 in the Service Manager's pocket and a $20.00 in the Technicians pocket. Just to remember me. ;)

And since Warp won't move to Florida, I'm looking into an extended warranty. :eek:

And that reprogram is like using a cattle prod on a bull's a$$.:eek: WOW

Time for Sleesburg/Leesburg bikefest. Any takers?

I must ask a question if you don't mind? You say you broke a rod I am wondering if you mean the lifter shaft that pulls the lifer piece on the clutch. Only asking because when people say rod I think piston rod? could you clarify it a little for me.
was it the top piece in the picture

or do you mean this piece?

That's it Warp, the top one. In fact it broke in the same place as your picture. The Technician said it's usually this small spring that breaks so he replaced that also.
Give me your thoughts. Is that something that needs attention or is it caused by an adjustment issue?

That's it Warp, the top one. In fact it broke in the same place as your picture. The Technician said it's usually this small spring that breaks so he replaced that also.
Give me your thoughts. Is that something that needs attention or is it caused by an adjustment issue?

Lifter shafts break from improper adjustment. or the burn from holding the clutch in and reving the motor showing off. once they burn you have to adjust them more until a point where they over rotate and snap. If one want to rev a motor to show off I suggest putting it in neutral so the lifter shaft is not in play. Also people adjust them with less free play to get rid of the rattle which is usually because they have a older lifter piece in it which has a small diameter head and tends to flop around a little more then the newer one. The rattle is not hurting anything but adjusting it so it goes away is.

eventually after replacing them so many times or paying a mechanic to replace it so many times one tend to learn :D

Shake rattle and roll

Wow, the Rocket (to Me) isn't a motor to rev and show off....But a few weeks ago I did adjust the clutch cable a bit. I was having a problem finding neutral and it was starting to rattle louder.

If I may, what causes the rattle at travels through the clutch handle? :confused:

Back