dirtbagbiker

Supercharged
Ride
09 RIIIT
:mad:bad day two day rocket just broke down left r.i with 2500 miles on 2009 rocket touring for fl. put about 1500 miles on it. went to stop at red light pulled in clucth nothing happend bike stalled had to push across 5 lanes of traffic to get out of road i forgot cell phone find pay phone call for help get my pnoe call triumph to find closet dealer closed for easter more calls get number of local triump dealer closed sun. and mon. call aaa to have bike towed 75.00 for about 3 mile tow will wait until tues. to call dealer i think the throwout bear went in the clutch i will keep everybody posted

That truly sux, man. Where you at? Did you make it to FL? If anywhere near Fort Myers, I'd be glad to help you out if I can...

My 08 R3T did something similar. I was 50 miles into a trip to North Carolina and was downshifting to stop for a light. I pulled in the clutch and something broke and the lever just pulled straight to the grip with no resistance. The lifter shaft (shaft that the toe shifter attaches to and goes through the case) snapped in half inside the case. I had to wait around for 2 hours waiting on a tow. I was not a happy camper!

I thought they upgraded the lifter shafts in 2008 and later .... that sucks dude but sounds like that's what failed.
I just had no idea a 2009 would still just DO that. What a bad time too.:eek:

Hearing about this sort of thing has my expectations low for making to RAA and back with no failures. Glad I have roadside insurance.

Sorry to hear of the breakdown. I ride with trust yet awareness that sometime soon I may be pushing too. I have free towing for my bikes from AMA, towing for the cars AAA and those folks never let me down yet. Good luck!

Must have AAA + RV to get bike on a rollback no charge. Glad I live in state for RAA VI, sorry for your equipment failure.

Hey Dirtbagbiker,

I live just 25 minutes from Providence, RI. Just across the line in MA. Let me know when you get back to RI. Maybe we can get together. I also have a R3T. Hope you get everything resolved OK.

Sorry to hear of the breakdown. I ride with trust yet awareness that sometime soon I may be pushing too. I have free towing for my bikes from AMA, towing for the cars AAA and those folks never let me down yet. Good luck!

+1

Best $30 a year I've spent.

(Unfortunately, maybe fortunately, I've used the AMA towing service 3 times already.)

Back