I am by no means a expert so I can not say with out a doubt what does it as it can be many things and a combination of things.
you might find this a good read,

also when the .com site changed computer stuff that I lnow less then nothing about. I lost a lot of pictures during the change over so I went back and redid some of my clutch posting there you might want to read it also incase I missed soemthing on this site

Mutch can be learned from both sites. I have since seen new changes which I an=m not at all good with on the 2011 touring. I see what they are trying to do but it eliminates half the allowable wear on the fibers or half the lifespan of the clutch. So I do something different to try to accomplish the same thing. If it works out Iwill eventually post it but I have mentioned it a couple time already and have acouple owners trying it. I wait eagerly for the long term results but so far the rattle has been eliminated to almost nothing.

Thanks Warp, I read that post a month ago but some of it went way over my head. Now, that I broke it, and re-reading the post and it makes more sense.
Guess I'll wait till you get clearance or feedback on the modifications you wrote about.
And if the rattle comes back, I'll remember you "speaking words of wisdom....let it be".

Back