Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
Been a long time and I'm older but no wiser I guess. Still have all 3 bikes, don't ride much but once in a while and Flipmeisters is plugging along, nice hobby. Keeps me out of my wife's hair.

Just spent the last year fighting cancer (and winning the battle) but it's left me with fewer parts, some serious battle scars and a different attitude about life in general.

I'm just tickled to be alive and functioning at this juncture and I hope to get back to where I was before I contracted the disease if that is possible.

Out in the shop building stands and starting to machine clamp sets. Got a shipment of EBCHH pads in and I'm needing to cut radiator inserts. Took a slight increase on pad prices, not much and everything remains at the same pricing level it always was. Never been in this to get rich and I certainly haven't.

Going to be a busy (I hope year).

Still all fun, even at 70.

Thought 70 was ancient when I was 21. Now 70 seems like mid life to me.

www.flipmeisters.com

Welcome back, congrats on winning the battle, that is one club I am also happy to be part of. The alternative kind of sucks. It will be nice to see you here more often and knowing that you are still providing some parts, unique and not so unique.

bob

Been a long time and I'm older but no wiser I guess. Still have all 3 bikes, don't ride much but once in a while and Flipmeisters is plugging along, nice hobby. Keeps me out of my wife's hair.
Just spent the last year fighting cancer (and winning the battle) but it's left me with fewer parts, some serious battle scars and a different attitude about life in general.
I'm just tickled to be alive and functioning at this juncture and I hope to get back to where I was before I contracted the disease if that is possible.
Out in the shop building stands and starting to machine clamp sets. Got a shipment of EBCHH pads in and I'm needing to cut radiator inserts. Took a slight increase on pad prices, not much and everything remains at the same pricing level it always was. Never been in this to get rich and I certainly haven't.
Going to be a busy (I hope year).
Still all fun, even at 70.
Thought 70 was ancient when I was 21. Now 70 seems like mid life to me.
www.flipmeisters.com

So good to have you back and kicking. :thumbsup:
I think of you every time I use my paddock stand. :inlove

Welcome back Flip...i personally havnt had dealings with you but have read alot of old postings and threads that involve you and and your creations.
It's bloody great your health is on the mend and your'e able to attack your loves and interests with renewed passion no doubt. Life is an interesting journey for sure.
I look forward to your input to the forum and to your ideas and creations.....good health to you.

Welcome back, congrats on winning the battle, that is one club I am also happy to be part of. The alternative kind of sucks. It will be nice to see you here more often and knowing that you are still providing some parts, unique and not so unique.

bob

It's been shall we say a long journey and the alternative was a box. Not quite there but close. I'm 100% cancer free but still on oral chemo which isn't so bad compared to infusions. My medical teams wants to make sure everything is dead. One thing about chemo is, it kills you while it kills the cancer and it is a fine balance. My doctors did a good job with that. Considering I've lost some parts, I guess that is better than the alternative which is death and in my case would have been a gruesome death.

Lost a good friend to the same thing I had early last year. He decided he wan't going to do anything about it and his last couple weeks on earth were horrible. No amount of pain killer (morphine) helped.

Been a hard road but I'm glad I did what I did.

I was told at the outset I had maybe a 30% survival chance and if I didn't get pro-active, I'd be dead in 3 months. Helluva wake up call for no symptoms, nothing. I never knew until I had a routine CT scan then it was off to the races so to speak.

I can provide parts even though I lost some parts....:cool:

So good to have you back and kicking. :thumbsup:
I think of you every time I use my paddock stand. :inlove

Actually, I like building them. along with the other stuff. My big CNC mill took a dump and fixing it was cost prohibitive so I quit making the handlebar clamps. I might run them again if I can find a machine shop that has the capabilities to make them. I've been looking. I have brake pads coming out my wazoo right now and I need to start cutting Pannier liners and forming them. I got way, way behind dealing with my health issues and at 70, it's hard to bounce back.

Back