Flip it has been too long since we rode together ,glad you kicked the big C and hope to see you again.

One never knows. Not sure I could ride cross country anymore. Not even sure I can hold up the R3 at this point. I'm working hard to get my strength back, I walk my dog a mile in the morning and a half mile at night, eat right, what I can eat that is. My diet is pretty restricted right now because my liver was severely compromised so I have to wait for it to regenerate. I'm missing a big part of it along with some other stuff. Least I'm alive.

Welcome back Flip...i personally havnt had dealings with you but have read alot of old postings and threads that involve you and and your creations.
It's bloody great your health is on the mend and your'e able to attack your loves and interests with renewed passion no doubt. Life is an interesting journey for sure.
I look forward to your input to the forum and to your ideas and creations.....good health to you.

Thank you for the thoughts. Yeas, life is full of bumps and just when you think the road is smooth you hit a huge pothole....

It's been shall we say a long journey and the alternative was a box. Not quite there but close. I'm 100% cancer free but still on oral chemo which isn't so bad compared to infusions. My medical teams wants to make sure everything is dead. One thing about chemo is, it kills you while it kills the cancer and it is a fine balance. My doctors did a good job with that. Considering I've lost some parts, I guess that is better than the alternative which is death and in my case would have been a gruesome death.

Lost a good friend to the same thing I had early last year. He decided he wan't going to do anything about it and his last couple weeks on earth were horrible. No amount of pain killer (morphine) helped.

Been a hard road but I'm glad I did what I did.

I was told at the outset I had maybe a 30% survival chance and if I didn't get pro-active, I'd be dead in 3 months. Helluva wake up call for no symptoms, nothing. I never knew until I had a routine CT scan then it was off to the races so to speak.

I can provide parts even though I lost some parts....:cool:

That is how mine was found, during a CT for something else. It is what we call a serendipitous finding in the medical field. With me it was off to the races right away also, chemo and targeted therapy that attacked just the cancer cells while the general chemo killed everything. So far I have been clear for 3 years, another 2 and they say I can probably be considered cancer free, at least that particular cancer. I guess there is always a chance for something else, it is what it is. It does give you a new perspective on life though. Between my cancer and our son suddenly passing away last November my wife and I look at things a lot differently than we used to.

bob

Very True...just recovering from 4 weeks on my back with a virus...at least im halfway good now. Havnt been on my scooter for a few weeks tho so must get out soon....i'm 70 soon going on 30!!

Back