Ikon Shocks?

The PO (previous owner) of my '06 Roc Standard put on a pair of the short Ikons. Since he only rode single, I guess it was OK for him. However, since I'm pushing 300 lbs, anytime I had someone on the back the tire would rub against the fender. I dialed the preload to the highest setting and this has stopped the problem. If you go with the Ikons, don't get the shortys unless you are going to always ride solo. Otherwise, I have been happy with them.

G'day Legman,

I fitted Ikons to my 06 RIII and the difference is unbelievably good. I went with 25mm over standard (330mm between eyes I think they were). The ride is superior, steering is more precise and the front to rear feels really well matched.

I found the first spring preload and 3rd rebound damping setting to be ideal for my riding style. Different rates springs are readily available and easy to install.

Finish and fit are good, the only tiny downside is the C-spanner provided with the shocks is a little fiddly to use.

I'm very happy with them, and when it comes time to replace them, I will simply send them away and have them rebuilt.

Cheers

Thanks Pete....I had seen that....thats why I was asking the question. I didn't know anything about them.

The seller is in my city, so shipping is not an issue.

Just put them on.

I set the preload to 2 (it has 3 settings)
Also set the dampening to 2, then 1 (out of 4)
I felt quite a difference between 2 and 1.

WOW what a difference! Bumps in curves and the bike doesn't jerk left and right anymore. You don't feel the pavement anymore!

I'm not quite sure about the quality, time will tell. But for now they are a great improvement.

The supplied washers are not chromed and a little too big (but smaller than stock), having the rear dresser bars I decided NOT to put a washer on the top.

The dampening adjustment is a little awkward to get to but it's not something you change that often. Well actually it's the rubber boot that is a pain.
The progressive part (softer) of the spring is under the top cap.

Side by side with the stock (they ARE the same length)
LEFT is STOCK
ikon1.jpg

ikon2.jpg

G'day mtcm101,

Just a bit of an update. I spoke to the distributor here a while back now, and was told that these shocks were sold as Koni a few years ago. Apparently an Australian company bought the rights to make them, and a name change to boot. Thus Koni shocks for bikes are no longer available.

As with previous Koni's, they are fully rebuildable, and the internal valving can be changed to get the RIGHT damping settings for YOUR bike. Costs are around $80AUD + postage each to have this done.

They can be contacted at

Ikon Suspension
81 Boronia Street
Albury North
New South Wales
Australia

Telephone:
Local: (02) 6040 9955
International: +61 2 6040 9955

Facsimile:
Local: (02) 6040 9911
International: +61 2 6040 9911

E-Mail Address:
ikon@ikonsuspension.com

And no, I'm not associated with the company, just very happy with the product :D

Cheers

Back