Anyone running Racetech G3-S shocks?

TOMCAT

Rage against the machine
Ride
2009 RIII Standard - 2008 Speed Triple -1995 900 T'Bird
TRI_rocket2300_G3S_2_500.jpg

Racetech website states they only suit the R3 Touring .. can't see why they couldn't be fitted to other models though.

I looked at them too and wondered why not listed for Roadster or std/Classic. I got Racetech front fork single rate springs (the heaviest spring rate they make) and fork Goldline rebound valving for my Sprint ST 1050 and my suspension tech said their stufff is excellent especially the valving kits but said that the stock valving is excellent too and happily took my stock 1050 ones to use in his client's racebike tuning setups.

I think Wilbers offers a much better range of Roadster options and they require you to specify your weight, riding style and intended usage when they hand build the shocks on order with valving and spring rates to suit. I bought a set of rear Wilbers Stage 3 Triumph Sprint ST (1050) 215 NA 05+ from their French language Australian eBay website (need to use Google or Bing translator) with unbeatable very cheap FREE freight to Australia.

They also list a range of Std/Classic and Roadster versions. If you are buying the hydraulic remote spring rate adjusters do NOT buy them together in one order as this takes it over the $1000 import limit and you get hit with 10% GST and a $90 Customs processing fee on to even if you do the paperwork yourself and do not go through a Customs broker service which would be even more fees. I learnt the hard way.

This eBay website regularly as clockwork, (like right now) applies 10% discount off the RRP which is universal and even Australian dealers will charge you the same RRP converted from EUR to AUD$ at the current exchange rate and freight within Australia too. (I have followed this site for over a year now). So wait until the 10% is being applied before purchasing.

wilbers rocket | eBay

Only these ones u nder a AUD$1000 at the moment but some are close and will be under if EUR drops against AUD$.

Bi-Amortisseurs Wilbers Premium TRIUMPH Rocket III (C23XB) 04

Last edited:
I just put a set on the back with the springs and gold valves up front. It is a different bike now. They have the measurements on file for the non touring bikes as well. Give Jamie a call at Race Tech.

Back