Found the problem. It is this connection. Anybody recognize it? When the key is on and no power, I can move this connection and it powers up or cuts out. What ever it feels like doing at the time.lol
Going to put it in the shop.

That would most likely be the ignition switch connector plug, the fault is either in the bottom of the switch or in that plug.

I figured as much. I may just order one and do it myself. Probably cold get it done under warranty. I'll see. Thanks for the reply.
I wonder if there is a stickey here for changing out the ignition switch?

If you check the manual you can associate each wire color with the circuit it's tied to. Using that you may find the ignition switch has a loose connection and a dab of solder could fix you up. Especially true if you didn't do the EB relay for headlights until many moons had passed (like me). Good luck.

If I can get it out, I'll take it to an electronic shop to solder for me. I had about 5500 miles on my bvike before htis started happening. I've since done the EB H4 kit. I may have helped it along moving wires to make froom for the relays and such. I pushedd the bundle of wires back towards the switch and everything is working now. It's just a matter of time before it bites me again.
Let me tell you, when you roll on it in second and afre hanging on for dear life , You don't wanat to lose power. Almost threw me over the handle bars.lol
later and thanks

It's very possible that from moving that harness plug in the photo around to make room for something else, one of the male or female individual pins could have slipped back out of it's socket. If you have done or followed the GiPro installation procedure you know that the pins are held in place with a barb that when depressed allows the pin and wire to pull out of the connector. Sometimes those barbs are bent or just not strong enough to resist pulling out when the wires are tugged on. If you see any with the weather proofing grommet showing, that's a good sign it's been pulled out.

Just as a check for this, I suggest that you pull the wiring harness plug apart and then visually check each one to insure they are all seated properly. You should also push each wire firmly into the plug assembly while listening for a "click".

If you are moving the entire wiring harness all the way up to the ignition switch before it does it's thing, it's most likely just like suggested earlier and a solder joint is failing at the base of the ignition switch assembly.

Back