The Rivco extension is discontinued. After inspection, the ignition switch is suspect.
Yes thats why I that made. Not that makes. I have the rivco relocation kit and old style ignition switch down south. You should check the connectors on the extension pigtail anyway, as they might need some cleaning . You just might be right about the ignition switch. But since the the old style plug connectors were replaced because they were not moisture resistant its your call I'm just making a suggestion.

Yes thats why I that made. Not that makes. I have the rivco relocation kit and old style ignition switch down south. You should check the connectors on the extension pigtail anyway, as they might need some cleaning . You just might be right about the ignition switch. But since the the old style plug connectors were replaced because they were not moisture resistant its your call I'm just making a suggestion.

No worries. I'll take all the suggestions I can get! Electronics are NOT my strong suit!

No worries. I'll take all the suggestions I can get! Electronics are NOT my strong suit!

I know what you mean there. I've had Rockets for a few years now and watched as Triumph supposedly updated the plug to a water resistant one which looks like it is. The ones in the update kit changed the bike's switch to match what started coming off the line in 2008 -- this was as the R3T started which also came out in 08 with the newer updated connector. Not sure if the choice was theirs or was what the vendor changed to. Anyway over the years I've seen plenty of the newer connectors overheat with a burnt spade in the connector. Yet I do not remember seeing it on the older connector. I have seen corrosion on the older one though. Anyway I have an update kit in my bike; only it still retains the original connector instead of what is supplied. Not sure if I am ever going to have a problem with it. I can see adding some silicone type gasket sealant on the back sides of the connectors where the wires go into it just to keep moisture out -- that and some good dielectric grease and she should be more water resistant yet retain the large contact spades verses the ones I see melt now. Granted I can not confirm if the ones that burnt were because of butchery on the wiring for accessories!!! it is highly possible and could be a combination of both.
Any good luck bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. It gets fun now. Decided to cut out all the butchery and I connected to the main connector at the front of the bike. Wired the connector like idk has in his documents and i read the same elsewhere to connect all wires EXCEPT ORANGE coming off the connector to relay pin 87 blue-white wire to pin 30 and I connected to a switch to activate to test. Nothing. Main fuse is good and all is dead. Orange wire is connected to nothing. Is this correct? Start looking where?

Next up. Bike wired good. Starts and runs and everything works......except!....It only works if I connect straight to the switch. It will not kick through the relay. No click or anything with relay wired. Checked connections. Good there. Bum relay? Got it new.

Back