I thought i was just going faster

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
Thought id just check the new pads i put on 6000 miles ago. Ive been takin a little longer to throttle down at the track ive been noticin, i thunk i was just goin faster, but a little look at the rear pads and maybe theyre not doing all they can do. Im not fond of my rear brake, you stab it, itll try to kill you. back to the drawing board on going faster and im gonna pay better attention to this in the future, happened so fast. embarrassing, but some of youll know its winter and the widowmaker fixen to be stripped for maintenance

Attachments

• A201341B-D733-489F-9E4A-8F50FFD4D1AA.jpeg
    A201341B-D733-489F-9E4A-8F50FFD4D1AA.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 25
You got your money's worth out of those! I know what you mean about the bike trying to kill you with the rear brakes, especially in wet weather.
Can’t remember which rear pads I purchased but when I took it for the annual MOT test ,the examiner was going to give me an advisory as in his opinion the pad material was too thin!

Thought id just check the new pads i put on 6000 miles ago. Ive been takin a little longer to throttle down at the track ive been noticin, i thunk i was just goin faster, but a little look at the rear pads and maybe theyre not doing all they can do. Im not fond of my rear brake, you stab it, itll try to kill you. back to the drawing board on going faster and im gonna pay better attention to this in the future, happened so fast. embarrassing, but some of youll know its winter and the widowmaker fixen to be stripped for maintenance
Good timing, winter maintenance.

My K1200 has the brake light flashing, I suspect that I did the same thing. I had already bought new rear pads, problem was bike was in NY, pads were in Florida
Thankfully bike and pads are reunited now in Florida, that will be my first order of business

Back