I need opinions, help please

Do you have pics of the bike? Do you have any history of mods and such? What are you riding now? Have you ridden another Rocket?
Sorry I messed up sending the pics. I don't know if there been any mods it looks like the riding position is the same as when it was made. I would really like an opinion what you think. It is a 4-Hour ride one way to look at it

Sorry I messed up sending the pics. I don't know if there been any mods it looks like the riding position is the same as when it was made. I would really like an opinion what you think. It is a 4-Hour ride one way to look at it
Yes I rode a rocket three several years ago and loved it. The power, the gearing, everything fit me. Except for the writing position if I could change that it would be golden

Hello @Bguy and welcome from Virginia. Is the bike you're looking at the one for sale at Tytler's in De Pere, WI? If so, I do not like what they have written about it at all. Their write up tells me they know nothing of this particular bike except its color and mileage.

In general though, a 2006 will be great, especially if it has had the transmission update kit installed. Ask about that. Some of these bikes have gone over 100K miles though even without it as not all had the issue.

That appears as tho it's a Standard (not Classic). The pegs and bars will pull you forward if you're under 6 feet 4 inches. It can be converted to footboards and deeper bars so you aren't hunched like Quasimoto to ride it. The engine is bullet proof so 32K miles is negligible. Service history would be good if available and number of owners would be nice to know.

Hello @Bguy and welcome from Virginia. Is the bike you're looking at the one for sale at Tytler's in De Pere, WI? If so, I do not like what they have written about it at all. Their write up tells me they know nothing of this particular bike except its color and mileage.

In general though, a 2006 will be great, especially if it has had the transmission update kit installed. Ask about that. Some of these bikes have gone over 100K miles though even without it as not all had the issue.
Thank you for your opinion. It gave me food for thought and added some questions to the list I am going to email to them. It makes me very glad that I signed up for this form

I forgot to add that I had 2006 Classic. When I sold it, it had over 120 000km on it and still went like a dream.
I did the usual upgrades, Ramair, Paul Bryant Slip On, updated the tune and loved it. I only changed as I wanted to get back into adventure touring again.

bags look like setting on exhaust
timing chain may or may not b out off specs.

That appears as tho it's a Standard (not Classic). The pegs and bars will pull you forward if you're under 6 feet 4 inches. It can be converted to footboards and deeper bars so you aren't hunched like Quasimoto to ride it. The engine is bullet proof so 32K miles is negligible. Service history would be good if available and number of owners would be nice to know.
Where can I get the floorboards and are they part of a forward controls package. I'm only 5'9" so I would need a good pullback on my bars. I'm running beach bars on my roadstar and they are very comfortable. What is the diameter of the stock bar? Thank you!

Hi , welcome. Bars are 1" dia, so many options to swap out. Triumph had floorboards on the classic, also Rivco had a floorboard option. My 05 had 128000k before I swapped to a Touring and still working like a top.

Back