I hate that "Miles to fill up" feature lol

Just be careful when you get to about 50 miles left on the gauge...it can take take nearly all those miles away in an instant and leave you worrying where the next petrol station is :)

I learn the hard way.....no way are you pushing that thing to the garage!

From what I've seen so far, when the counter turns to zero it looks like I have at least 5L of fuel left in my tank... which is about 30-40kms if I am lucky.

Just be careful when you get to about 50 miles left on the gauge...it can take take nearly all those miles away in an instant and leave you worrying where the next petrol station is :)

I learn the hard way.....no way are you pushing that thing to the garage!
I put 6.3 gallons in mine once, in the middle of the Mojave, in Summer. I have no idea how hot it was because my thermometer only went to 120F. I was so glad that the petrol station wasn't any further down the road.

From what I've seen so far, when the counter turns to zero it looks like I have at least 5L of fuel left in my tank... which is about 30-40kms if I am lucky.

Yep, that was the logic I used, and then I was spluttering down the road to a stop....it jumped from 50 miles to 20, then shortly after still looking for a garage sat at zero for maybe 10 minutes and I was then screwed....maybe that's way the fuel light comes on with 50 miles left on the range...I don't trust the fuel range reading anymore, handy but not worth relying on

Better to know what sort of range to expect based on riding style on the day and being a little conservative :)

I put 6.3 gallons in mine once, in the middle of the Mojave, in Summer. I have no idea how hot it was because my thermometer only went to 120F. I was so glad that the petrol station wasn't any further down the road.

Yeah, one thing running out on the side of the road in a populated area but in the desert....not good! lol

All you guys are weird! All I know is I have run mine down to 0 and then some.
It takes only 5.2 to 5.4 gal and I believe it is 6.2 capacity.
Surely it is NOT accurate and every motor is likely a little different.
Anyone fool with the fuel gage adjustment and is it difficult to do?

Back