I hate that "Miles to fill up" feature lol

I've seen 225 miles on fill up. It did that for awhile. Then all I can get is 195 miles on fill up. It's a strange thing that's for sure. I like pulling the clutch in going down a mountain and watch it go up. I see how much I can gain before letting the clutch out.

When it goes to 0 I can get another 20+ miles... Have not pushed it yet...

Last year while riding Death Valley, I did 222 miles and the "miles left" had been on 0 for about the last 15 or so miles.
I was going to run it dry just to see because my Bro had a gas can on board his motor, I chickened out when I hit a gas station out nowhere at the north end of Death Valley.

Thats insane! How did you do that? I assume you fill up, and ride as slowly as possible up to the speed limit and lock the throttle?

Nope not quite, I think I ride fairly normal. What you need to do is get that Rocket out of Toronto and get out on the highway for a few days. I just finished a two week trip through the mountains, various roads and conditions, the longer I spent on the highway the better my mileage got. I'm very impressed with this massive machine. There were times I couldn't control myself with the throttle but on average I just rode.

Now that I'm back home, back to start and stop it has not been quite as good but no complaints.

Geeez you guys are easily Amused, have you thought of getting scooters I hear they give good mileage!!!!:rolleyes::p
I am to busy watching where the hell I'm going to be bothered only glance occasionally at gauges and if the orange light comes on .... I fill up, but usually plan my fuel stops in advance so that don't happen often ;)

Back