How to rid the Speed Limiter

T Evans

Supercharged
When I get the Rocket back from the shop from having the UPGRADE Kit installed, I am going to install a K&N under seat filter and install a Power Commander to go with the Jardines. By doing this, will the PC elimanate the speed limiter or is the tuneboy the only one that removes this dogging device and or setting???
I have the 06 Classic and I have read that the 06 Classics were set at 125 to 127 mph. My need for speed can't be satisfied by anything under 145 to 150 mph. The goal for this bike is to be able to run 150 mph with ez.

Tuneboy is the only way to do it yourself. Otherwise you can have a dealer load one of the tunes for the standard Rocket and raise it some.

hello Rocket Captain,
I have a 06 classic too, what was wrong with your bike, since you got the upgrade kit?
I have a chattering clutch, a strange sound from my transmission.
what shall I look for ?
thank you:)
When I get the Rocket back from the shop from having the UPGRADE Kit installed, I am going to install a K&N under seat filter and install a Power Commander to go with the Jardines. By doing this, will the PC elimanate the speed limiter or is the tuneboy the only one that removes this dogging device and or setting???
I have the 06 Classic and I have read that the 06 Classics were set at 125 to 127 mph. My need for speed can't be satisfied by anything under 145 to 150 mph. The goal for this bike is to be able to run 150 mph with ez.

Jon

I didn't have any clutch problems. Mine would jump or act like it would jump a gear while under hard acceleration in 2nd gear or I would miss the 1st to 2nd gear shift. Good luck and hope that you can get Triumph to do the right thing with your bike also.

Terry

I never had the Classic tune in my 06 from new. It's always had the R3Standard tune. Takes a dealer about 15 minutes to change tunes, lots cheaper than a Tuneboy. Triumph Scan Tool or Laptop and plug and change. Mine will pull the end of the speedometer. Takes a while to get there but it does it.

Back