How to make a '20+ Rocket 3 fit a 6'5" (1.95m) tall rider

Antek

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
Anyone here as tall or taller as me? Need your input and help figuring out what and if can be done to make a GT(or R) fit my height.

I currently have two bikes a 2014 VROD Muscle and a 2021 Road Glide Limited so I am used to heavy bikes which made the GT really fun to ride because of all that torque. The VROD is smaller than the GT however I've been able to find some amazing after market forward controls that push them out by 3" making the bike surprisingly comfortable even for a rider with my height.

The dealer pushed out the forward controls on the GT before I jumped on the bike for my test ride, but even with that change my legs felt cramped and my knees and thighs came out way above the fuel tank side indentations making the riding position not what I'd expected, are there any alternative forward controls? Or will the R suite me better?

The other thing that I noticed immediately was the tiny diameter of the grips, for my height I don't have the largest hands, typically an L in gloves but those grips felt like I was wrapping my fingers around them twice, any good Triumph or aftermarket alternatives out there?

Thank you all

You should try the R, and ask if they can lower them to the lowest position (stock is at middle height). I know it's counterintuitive and you have 2 foot forward bikes, but you may be surprised. It's worth a try IMO.

You should try the R, and ask if they can lower them to the lowest position (stock is at middle height). I know it's counterintuitive and you have 2 foot forward bikes, but you may be surprised. It's worth a try IMO.
Is there an option to drop the mid controls even further down if I needed to? I understand I will loose cornering angle and thus scrape them sooner when I do this.

Is there an option to drop the mid controls even further down if I needed to? I understand I will loose cornering angle and thus scrape them sooner when I do this.
I think you can drop them or raise them a level from the stock position.

Yeah read that, but I doubt very much that the stock adjustment will be sufficient for my long legs.
Probably right, but worth a try.

Having only ridden cruisers I thought the GT would be right up my alley. Good thing I tried the R first and loved the sitting/riding position, because after trying the R, I tried the GT and did not like riding position. Had I tested the GT first I probably would've bailed on the whole bike.

I know you have a different issue here with your height, but you ain't got nothin to lose.

AFAIK there is only two height positions on the R. It comes as stock on the higher position and you can lower them by 15 mm.

I feel your pain...I’m 6’6” and have come to the conclusion that the new Rocket is not going to be for me.
strangely enough, I’ve never found a Harley that fits me either...they always look so big, yet I always feel like I’m sitting on top of the bike. I’m not a fan of the circus monkey look, so never bought one.

I’ll stick to my GS for now.

While I think a larger bike like a Multistrada V4 would be better for your height (test ride it, its fun!), if I were you size (only 6'1" here), I would get the rocket and pay the money needed to a custom builder to fabricate the aluminum extensions needed to extend maybe a couple inches forward/outward the the forward controls, and to modify the seat area a bit to get another inch or two there... before deciding for the rocket, I was thinking to just get myself a zx14 and modify it for a more comfortable position.

Back