How many miles on your Rocket ?

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Hi all. As you may know my Rocket ate it's output shaft bearings at 53,000 miles. It had the upgrade done somewhere before 16,000 miles (before I owned it) so I don't know if they installed the new torsional damper. There are some other items I know didn't get changed that should have. Anyway, I'm interested to see how many miles you have and if you've ever had to replace your output shaft bearings. Myself, Warp, Blaine and Art from Carpenter racing are looking at different bearings to see if there is something better out there.

Hi all. As you may know my Rocket ate it's output shaft bearings at 53,000 miles. It had the upgrade done somewhere before 16,000 miles (before I owned it) so I don't know if they installed the new torsional damper. There are some other items I know didn't get changed that should have. Anyway, I'm interested to see how many miles you have and if you've ever had to replace your output shaft bearings. Myself, Warp, Blaine and Art from Carpenter racing are looking at different bearings to see if there is something better out there.

I have 45,000 miles and no problems with tranny

My 08 has 31000mls an never had a problem with the bearings,detent spring has been the only problem. My mate's 04 with 80000mls had the upgrade done at 32000 and has had no problems with the bearings. He's has however had a new crank,2 new drive shafts an final drives(just about to buy his 3rd),3 ignition switches,1 lamda sensor, 1 tps, new fork stanchions and new front discs and he still loves it.;)

My 08 has 31000mls an never had a problem with the bearings,detent spring has been the only problem. My mate's 04 with 80000mls had the upgrade done at 32000 and has had no problems with the bearings. He's has however had a new crank,2 new drive shafts an final drives(just about to buy his 3rd),3 ignition switches,1 lamda sensor, 1 tps, new fork stanchions and new front discs and he still loves it.;)

WOW ! He must have gotten a Monday or Friday build !

The first one have 23k on it no issuess this new one 2014 got in April I coming up on 5k will not stay in 2nd if I get on it hard and I think the ing switch is going out already not sure turn the key on and it does nothing for about 3 sec then it does its sweep just started to do it the other day and not everytime just about half the time

06 standard no upgrade of any sort 50 000kms= 36 000miles no problems.. then again being a john deere special... ahum!!!

Back