How is the Rocket 3 GT going for my height 5.7"?

I'm 5' 7" and moved the forward controls as far back as they would go but did not get the mid controls. Works well for me. I'm almost flatfooted at a stop and the riding position feels great.

Rode my GT with the forward controls at mid-position for 1,000km, then with the forward controls in the closest position for a while, then, yesterday, I had the mid controls (upper position) installed. The forward controls were not uncomfortable and I was concerned that I would not like the mid controls once installed. That said, I must say, I like the dirt-bike style riding position of the mid controls. My thighs are parallel to the ground when riding and I can stand-up at will. It is easier to counteract the wind pressure and adjust the riding position on the go. And my right hand calf isn't cooking as much:) I think I will leave them here. I am considering the Risers as a last step but they may not be required.

Have you noticed it's harder to scrape peg after switching to the mid?
Never had that problem but I do not take my corners too quickly. I'm concerned over that bit of gravel you can't see. Had a friend go down recently and it wasn't pretty. Gravel shot into his full face like a scoop once he hit the side. Otherwise, it's WOT all the time. Lots of stops at the gas station and I have already bought the tire for next season:).

Never had that problem but I do not take my corners too quickly. I'm concerned over that bit of gravel you can't see. Had a friend go down recently and it wasn't pretty. Gravel shot into his full face like a scoop once he hit the side. Otherwise, it's WOT all the time. Lots of stops at the gas station and I have already bought the tire for next season:).
That's awesome.

I wanted to consult you in your experience how the Rocket 3 GT would go with its advanced controls for my height of 5.7?
Thanks.
I'm 5' 7" and have the new GT! I had the controls moved to the rearmost position and love it! I was considering buying the optional mid position controls but just love the position of the forward controls back all the way!

Back