Last time an exotic dancer smiled at me it cost me $600.00 :-(
The new Valk really misses the mark for me. I did like the Valk concept bike that was never manufactured though.

I do like the BMW concept 101 bike, and the R nine T too. But living far from a BMW dealership neither is probably a wise choice for me. The Rocket stranded me a few times with the headlight relay problem, and a broken clutch linkage rod. European bikes seem to have design issues more than Jap bikes IMO. The **** seem to have good engineers, but lately real bad aesthetic taste.

On a similar note but not, I just traded my old Valk (I thought was gorgeous) for a Touring

Hi all,

Just a couple of points:

1. The new Valkyrie isn't just a stripped down Goldwing / F6B. It has different frame geometry amongst other things. Still not quite my cup of tea.

2. The new Valkyrie is not selling well and Honda has a special on them. My local Honda dealer (Dallas, TX) have them at $11,999. No, that is not a typo.

Regards,
Mark Dunn

Hi all,

Just a couple of points:

1. The new Valkyrie isn't just a stripped down Goldwing / F6B. It has different frame geometry amongst other things. Still not quite my cup of tea.

2. The new Valkyrie is not selling well and Honda has a special on them. My local Honda dealer (Dallas, TX) have them at $11,999. No, that is not a typo.

Regards,
Mark Dunn
Pretty amazing considering the base price is $18K.

Pretty amazing considering the base price is $18K.
Good. Hopefully they will blow out the remaining stock and discontinue the model. Personally I would like to see the original style Valk modified with the bigger engine. I believe that would sell at a reasonable workingman's price.

Triumphs bikes may be dated by their lack of electronic assist compared to every other manufacturer out there, but they're not trying to make bikes that looks like spaceships is a good thing isn't it?

Triumphs bikes may be dated by their lack of electronic assist compared to every other manufacturer out there, but they're not trying to make bikes that looks like spaceships is a good thing isn't it?
All I want on a bike is a speedometer and tach. All that electronic stuff is just junk to me. I ride bikes to get away from it all, not take it all with me. The world is being destroyed by technology if you ask me, but then nobody did.

My kid stopped bye with his brand new 2015 street glide and if triumph offered cruise control, bluetooth, navigation, and stereo on their R3t I would trade my standard right now. I can always leave the stuff off but i'd be lying if I said I didn't get bored on the +600 mile rides.

I love mine they are fantastic bikes and very dependable

Attachments

• _20140506_165428.JPG
    _20140506_165428.JPG
    438.7 KB · Views: 2
Back