my06rocket

.040 Over
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket 3
Ok, I'm going to say it. After dropping by a Honda dealership today (purely because it had free motorcycle parking) - Triumph really needs to spend some time on modernizing the Rocket III look and feel. The new Valkyrie is gorgeous - the side panel radiators alone had me drooling a bit at the side of the mouth. The triangular headlight and "baby got back" rear fender could use improvement, but it really looks like a 2015 bike, while the Rocket, let's be honest, is stuck in the early 2000s at best. Sure, it leaves more room for customization, but when a comparable price Honda rider is turning heads out of the lot and I have to pull over and yell "no, it's not a Harley!" at random strangers after spending $10K on Corbin parts, that really doesn't make me feel like I got a good bang for the buck...

I think the new Valk looks ok. It's got it's own issues too? Like it's asking "do I want to be a BMW or a cruiser?" Since Honda puts out a pretty darn good product I can't imagine there's much bad about a "naked" gold wing. However if you're gonna compare your 10K Corbined bike, I'd imagine you'd have to actually compare it to the gold wing rather than the Valk? ;)

eye of the beholder, just like all 2 wheelers, but good gawd that new valk is one ugly beast, the japanese designers, on a lot of models, (not all) just struggle as to how to style them to make people instantly fall in love at first sight!:sneaky::thumbsdown::cautious::banghead:, now to me the old valk was a solid lookin scoot,but nothin like the sexy rocket! way back when my buddy dave had a valk and we swapped bikes for about 50 miles, he didnt want to swap back! give back my ****in rocket, i said! :x3::D:p:cool:

It looks like they took a Gold Wing, stripped off a bit of plastic and had a Gold Wing Valkyrie. It's even named Gold Wing Valkyrie.

Now, the Valkyrie Rune is one of the coolest mass-produced bikes ever. I'd love to own one, but just don't have the finances or garage space, since there's no way I'm giving up the Touring.

And the first Valkyrie, which was a traditional cruiser with the 1500 Wing engine was also amazing and somewhat bonkers.

But this new one....? It's just a stripped Gold Wing. If that's your thing, then fine, but give me metal and chrome and classic looks any day.

There's no way to make a bike with an engine like our 2300 cc behemoth sleek and graceful, but I have no objection to the look - though I do think the Touring model which is more classic looking is nicer than the original... (well, obviously since I own one.)

upload_2015-5-31_8-6-15.png

The new Valk is seriously butt ugly. The F6B is what a Valk should look like.

Back