Home Made EB headlight relay harness

Ed, on another note I finally scored the right cable for tune ECU and am studying about "derestricting".

Last edited:
You don't need to 'quote' posts just to reply (especially when the quote has nothing to do with your response)

Sorry - one on my pet peeves as a Moderator on another Triumph forum :D

And not sure who Ed is ......... :D

Here is some info on the switch
Decosse's keyless ignition

Here is the image from that post:

Link Removed

Are you saying the switch is just dangling, NOT actually (mechanically) plugged into the perch?
Those little clips you see in the picture (well you can only see one at this angle) are what hold it in position in the perch - if it does not stay in then most likely the clips are either broken or pushed in so they do not latch.
However when the switch is NOT inserted in the housing, that is the same as if installed and the lever pulled - if the switch is not 'making' when just hanging outside the perch, then there is a problem with the switch

And from this comment ...........

The stem inside that switch is plastic and has come completely out before. I just stick it back in there and wiggle it around.
It certainly sounds like you need a new switch!

The clutch switch is not available separately - it is part of the assembly that includes the main electrical part of the left bar switch and harness
Also note that the Classic/Roadster switch is NOT the same part (well the actual clutch switch is the same but the whole assembly including the main switch and harness is different)

See item 2 below - note that the clutch switch actually plugs (mechanically) into the perch assembly item 4.
You should not need the latter assuming it is not physically damaged

Triumphcenteruppsala.se - Sveriges största reservdelsshop för Triumph-delar

FYI - 2008-2016 Triumph Rocket III Touring Thunderbird LEFT HANDLEBAR CONTROL SWITCH | eBay

Edit - from that EBay listing, here is a picture of the actual switch used a Touring model (slightly different clip structure than the one I posted above)

Last edited:
I got kicked from that website:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Here is a pic of the assembly for a Roadster. IMG_0723.JPG IMG_0724.JPG Same for a touring modal just a bit different in connection. Not cheap. Not going into the detail for replacement but do like the bike to start when hitting the start button and like the fuel gauge to work. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Thanks, it appears I will need an entire switch assembly in order to fix this. I believe the retaining tab is broken off. Might have happened when I installed the risers.

Back