Holy smokes - Rocket TFC THORNTON mod <3

I didn't like the idea of making a weird Cafe racer from the rocket... and totally agree, while that exhaust makes sense for symmetrical people, you are losing a lot with that... I will be fun to see somebody riding it when the rain starts...

Can you, or someone else perhaps, explain to me why you would lose power with that exhaust?
Thanks

I'm no mechanic but I did stay at a Holiday inn. Wouldn't it be due to lack of back pressure having straight pipes? It would also be unbearably loud.
yeah i was thinking back pressure, but wouldn't the Comp Werkes be similar in that respect? it removes the cat also, and is basically the same, no?

yeah i was thinking back pressure, but wouldn't the Comp Werkes be similar in that respect? it removes the cat also, and is basically the same, no?

Comp Werkes removes the cat, but they are not wide open cans. This TFC looks like the exhaust is open with no back pressure.

This is a very controversial subject, suffice it to say that all engines are not created equal.
The highest horsepower (cars top fuel dragsters) run open headers but that doesn't mean that all car will make more power without ANY exhaust pressure. There are MANY factors involved in the intake and exhaust process!

Back