Holy smokes - Rocket TFC THORNTON mod <3

I think it looks cool
MORE PICTURES HERE

❤️

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.59.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.58.48 AM.png

I think it looks cool.

This is a very controversial subject, suffice it to say that all engines are not created equal.
The highest horsepower (cars top fuel dragsters) run open headers but that doesn't mean that all car will make more power without ANY exhaust pressure. There are MANY factors involved in the intake and exhaust process!

Sure is controversial, maybe not as much as the topic of oil and oil changes. Here's a good article about exhaust and back pressure.

For me, what makes top fuel dragsters different is that they are run wide up for each run and nearly fully rebuilt after each run so who cares.

"So long as you compensate for the changes you’re making in your exhaust system, removing or reducing back pressure will always be a good thing."

This quote from that article sums up the basic principle well. This is why a retune is advised when exhaust or intake restrictions are changed. Without the compensating changes in tuning, reducing exhaust back pressure could possibly reduce performance.

As long as the header is stock an open can usually does not make much of a difference in mid and high rpm areas. What you get in most cases is a significant loss at low revs.

Hey hey! Easy on those R models!
The reason for my post is the fact that the TFC is a numbered limited edition and retains more value is in stock condition. Bothe R's and GT's are not and therefore more of a candidate for severe modifications. Thos of course my opinion only.

The reason for my post is the fact that the TFC is a numbered limited edition and retains more value is in stock condition. Bothe R's and GT's are not and therefore more of a candidate for severe modifications. Thos of course my opinion only.
I have never worried about the value much. I would not be a good rare classic owner for I would always drive it and reduce the value.

I have never worried about the value much. I would not be a good rare classic owner for I would always drive it and reduce the value.
I her ya. I had a Bentley GTC that I drove till the value was gone.:) I recently sold it to liquidate other debt. The chapters of life. But you're a young whipper snapper, aren't you?😅

not everyones cup of tea I guess.

Subframe and seat looks very awkward with a lot of open spaces
Open pipes looks awesome but 'hanging' in mid air - very out of place, at least for me
exposed shock is beautiful, seen similar where side cover and tool mount is removed to expose the shock - looks sick especially if Ohlins
not sure if the tripple cplamps are standard TFC, or mod - look great

My dream Rocket would have unrestricted maps and fully adjustable Ohlins from and rear

Back