chromehead

.040 Over
Came across these photos on the Net. Interested in doing the same thing, to get a little more stretch. I believe these are:

Rivco 1" Engine Guard Mounts intended for Gold Wing)
http://saturn.dnsprotect.com/~rivcopro/products/product.php?productid=29&cat=221&page=1

Rivco Flat Foot Wide Anti-Vibration Highway Pegs
http://saturn.dnsprotect.com/~rivcopro/products/product.php?productid=193&cat=221&page=2

Kuryakyn also makes something similar.
http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/3764_Kuryakyn_GL1800_Goldwing_Highway_Pegs

Wondering if anyone has done anything similar and could share their experience. Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 157
OEM Tip Over Bar w/ HW Pegs

Those look good for a beast without "tip over" (TO) bars and to my liking, they're better looking than pegs on the TO bars. Those wouldn't work with the TO bars. They have a cut similar to the Kury Magnum mirror stems.:) Too bad they didn't run the rubbers the same direction as the floorboards (according to the first .jpg attached image). It seems as though, for best footing, they should?

I believe I read, on this forum, the OEM TO bars have too much flex [PP (weak) mounting flanges]. And there is sum flex. Any Captains say otherwise and what choice did you take?? Pictures??

Last edited:
I tried the Rivco setup and didn't like not having my OEM TO bars. As weak as they may be, I'm hoping they'll give me a fighting chance if I ever lose balance in the driveway. So now the whole thing is in the classifieds if you like it so much ;)

Meanwhile, I mounted a set of Kuryakyn pegs directly to the OEM TO bars. Going to give it a try today, and I'll take some pix. They actually look pretty good.

Kuryakyn 8032 small ISO pes with 1 1/4 diameter clamps

Not bad. Looks clean, and gives another place to put the feet. Installed on the OEM bars. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing leg presses against them, as the bars do flex, but they work well as a place to drape your feet, "toes up."

What's That

I noticed what seems to be a white square located below your front left turn signal. Might even be attached to the front dresser bars. My old eyes can't read what appears to be some lettering in black.

What's That?

That's an electronic toll pass with a Triumph sticker on it. There's a chrome mount that attaches to the bars. Best I could do...

Attachments

• ezpass.jpg
    ezpass.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 105
chromehead, is that a stock bike that you have the Rivco highway pegs on? The floorboards look like Rivcos. The reason I'm asking is that I have a Classic and the bar (where the peg/florrboard mounts) on left side of my bike cuts under the engine just forward of the floorboard. Yours doesn't appear to do that letting you mount the highway peg. :confused:

I find it interesting that in every picture of every Rocket I see with pegs, the pegs each point at different angles in relationship to the bike, but bikes with floorboards like the Classic don't seem to have the boards pointing at different angles.

Look at the pictures and tell me that the pegs aren't lapperjawed. Go to the site album and run up any Rocket with pegs.....they are all the same...lapperjawed.:D

'bout as symetrical as a wet noodle.

Last edited:
I am old, cheap, and on a fixed income. These come from JC Whitney. About $45 to $50 if I recall. I only run them on long trips so they don't get allot of use but do help with a leg stretch when needed.

Back