Bike is in Helsingborg, nearly as far south in Sweden as you can get. They are asking 70 000 SEK (ca. 8000 US). He said to me that he is going to be fitting new tires, basically didn't get round to it before taking the pictures for the ad. Bear in mind that new in Norway, they are 340 000 NOK (ca. 42000 US), gotta love them taxes and such! Haven't seen one used here for less than 150 000NOK

I be NO Warpo, @warp9.9, and prefer NOT to spend my time wrenching, if I can avoid it.
New or almost new would be my druthers.
Just sayin' . . .

Yes I am the same after many years (as a kid) of buying other peoples used to be bikes, I decided to buy new ,6 new bikes in 20 odd years,some I have kept and just bought another one, I have never regretted this decision, Like lawn mowers ,horses,cars, trucks and especially women second hand means one thing, someone else has broken them in, if you don't like them from new flip them and move on.

Bike is in Helsingborg, nearly as far south in Sweden as you can get. They are asking 70 000 SEK (ca. 8000 US). He said to me that he is going to be fitting new tires, basically didn't get round to it before taking the pictures for the ad. Bear in mind that new in Norway, they are 340 000 NOK (ca. 42000 US), gotta love them taxes and such! Haven't seen one used here for less than 150 000NOK

Did you get onto Ro6ert ? Think he hibernates a bit so be patient. If it were me I'd be talking to him before pulling the pin on any purchase. Know he's pretty involved with the Swedish R3 Owners ;)

I imagine even if you found one cheaper farther south (they run about €25k new in Germany) the import taxes would be ridiculous?
If it runs strong and is in good condition it sounds like a good price for you in scandanavia. Even if you had to start replacing components like front and rear springs, final drive, shaft, etc, I would think you're going to be better off?
Unfortunately I can't ride to Sweden any time soon. I was hoping maybe you found it in Denmark or northern Germany.
How are you on doing your own maintenance? I'd say bearings and gummies will be your most likely fail points on a bike with that many miles?

New, importing it here the duty, not including VAT, is in the region of €18k. Which is why they cost such a phenomenal amount new over here. The Government sure like 'their' money!

EDIT:
Maintenance wise, I work as a car mechanic/technician, and we have several bikers working here. Most things should be very doable myself as long as I can get the parts and don't need any really unusual tools.

Last edited:
New, importing it here the duty, not including VAT, is in the region of €18k. Which is why they cost such a phenomenal amount new over here. The Government sure like 'their' money!

EDIT:
Maintenance wise, I work as a car mechanic/technician, and we have several bikers working here. Most things should be very doable myself as long as I can get the parts and don't need any really unusual tools.

That's just a rip off, you can buy a new Rocket 2015 Touring in Australia for A$24690 on road , and I thought that was expensive.

Been told the Scandinavians hit the big swaps like Hershey and Carlisle and buy up whole stalls. Import duty is just so high on new machines .. they are mad on all the older model Brit and American bikes. Couple of my mates that do the swaps every year reckon they've never seen anyone throw around cash like the Vikings do :D

EDIT:

Got to support the people with their hand out thinking they deserve someone else's hard earned money.

Back