Loonitick

Supercharged
Ride
2010 Roadster
Hi all!

I am looking at a 2007 R3 that I am considering going to have a look at (1000km round trip, so don't want to waste a day on nothing)

According to the advert and the guy at the dealer selling it, it is in excellent shape (rear tire needs replaced, but hey). However, assuming the details on the ad are correct, it has done 114 000 km. Now, from my experience with bikes, this seems to be quite a bloody long way. How do the R3s stand up to this kind of usage? Anything in particular to be wary of when the mileage goes in to sextuple digits?

Thanks!

It would want to be cheap. The engine could well be in great shape - of course that depends on how it's been looked after - but the rest of the bike has travelled a long way too. If you buy it you might be the only person in the world who'd want it ie it's going to be near impossible to ever sell it, especially after you've added to the miles. I'd probably set myself a limit of 50,000km and even then it would want to be in excellent shape.

By the way, I have one with 70,000km for sale..........

Compared to pretty much all the others for sale in this corner of the world, it is cheap. Will see if I can extract any more information from the seller before I go so far as to head down to see it. Judging from the rate the ad gets updated I suspect they are starting to get a bit desperate to sell.

Compared to pretty much all the others for sale in this corner of the world, it is cheap. Will see if I can extract any more information from the seller before I go so far as to head down to see it. Judging from the rate the ad gets updated I suspect they are starting to get a bit desperate to sell.

Maybe try Ro6ert .. he's from somewhere in Scandinavia , Sweden i think .. he would know where to get onto a decent RIII i'd bet. You can send him a PM (conversation) he's a member here.

Last edited:
I looked at a 2007 with 54000 miles. The dealer wants $7900. It has a Cobin fairing and beetle bags, TORs, and aftermarket front rotors. I think the bike is in good working order but it looks very used. I'm buying another 2007 with 6000 miles for $7500. Try to get a look at the service records.

Make sure that it doesn't jump out of 2nd gear under hard acceleration - that can be an expensive fix. If it doesn't have problems with that then it should be okay. Get them to put a new tyre on the back. They are a bit pricey, and when they are worn down a bit the last bit wears very quickly.

With that many km's I'd say it had the updates or doesn't need them! Like the others said though there's a fine line between well used and high mileage. A dealer not willing to throw in new tires sounds crazy! It should have new tires and oil from a dealer.
Where's it located at? Maybe I could ride up and meet you?

Back