Help with brakes

I've looked at everything and confirmed im not dealing with abs, but nothing i try seems to work. I still have no pressure at my rear caliper regardless of what i do. I'm at a complete loss. Its looking like i may be going without until i can afford to get her to the dealer and see what they can figure out. If anyone else has any ideas id be very grateful

You probably could order a new master cylinder, caliper and lines and do it yourself before taking it to the dealer.... lol and save money. Taking a bike to the dealer has not returned good results lately. They either don't know what they're doing ... charge way to much or both.

That's not very reassuring lol. I've still got it under warranty but I'm trying to exhaust all resources first because I know they can be a serious pain about brake parts

Have you tried to vacuum bleed it to see if you can at least suck the fluid thru the whole system. I know then Scot's want you to spend the big bucks on good tooling rather than Harbor Freight. :D Personally my HF bleeder has been working since before I bought my Rocket in 06 and if and when it Fails I will seriously take his advice and not by one so cheap and long lasting :D

Yea I used a vacuum bleeder and never got anything out of it. But it didn't have the bleeder fitting so I just had a house go over it so maybe I wasn't getting a good enough seal

Yea I used a vacuum bleeder and never got anything out of it. But it didn't have the bleeder fitting so I just had a house go over it so maybe I wasn't getting a good enough seal
No as long as the hose is tight it will work just sticking it over the bleeder nipple. I remember someone suggested this but did you unhook the lines on both ends and blow air thru it to see if it was clogged. If so what was the results?

Ive been having a lot of difficulty trying to remove the braided steel line from where it connects under the bike. I can't get a good view of it and seeing that there is a switch there is making me nervous

It still sounds like a blockage from a rubber line .
I agree with fingers. If you have a steel braided flexible section, the inside is still rubber and what you are describing sounds like a collapsed internal line. It's not that common but I've had it happen a few times over the years. Also seen it on fuel lines where the outside looks fine but the liner gave out and that usually ends up being a goose chase as well.

Would it work to unhook the solid line at the master cylinder and the braided steel line at the caliper and then blow air through the whole setup

I can't just bleed the brakes like normal if they have abs?

Yes, sort of.
You bleed them as normal FIRST.
Then hook up the Dealer Tool and bleed once more for the ECU.
You NEED to use the Dealer Tool or to take it to a shop.

Back